IOM Programme Officer (M&E & BLMAs) Jobs in Kenya
IOM Programme Officer (M&E & BLMAs) Jobs in Kenya
Context: Under the overall supervision of the East and Horn of Africa (EHOA) Regional Director and direct supervision of the Senior Regional Programme Coordinator and in close cooperation with the Regional Management Officer and the EHOA Senior Regional Specialist, Labour Mobility and Human Development, the Programme Officer (Monitoring & Evaluation & Bilateral Labour Migration Agreements) will be responsible for the implementation of the Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) aspects of the Better Regional Migration Management (BRMM) programme in line with the expectations of the donors.
They will also contribute to the strengthening of regional guidance and architecture to govern labour migration through Bilateral Labour Migration Agreements (BLMAs) as a tangible step towards effective implementation of the Global Compact on Safe, Orderly and Regular migration, International Migration Review Forum (IMRF) and EHOA Regional Strategy.
Launched in August 2021 with funding from the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO), the Labour Mobility and Regional Integration for Safe, Orderly and Humane Labour Migration in East And Horn Of Africa: East Africa Migration Management Regional Better Migration Management aims to enhance labour migration governance and protection of migrant workers and their family members’ human, social and labour rights through intra and inter-regional cooperation on a whole of government and whole of society approach, to support regional integration and facilitate mobility for transformative inclusive and sustainable economic growth as well as youth and women empowerment.
More specifically, the programme is expected to strengthen national and regional Labour migration governance in accordance with the global and regional frameworks; increase national and cross-border cooperation on labour mobility; promote ethical recruitment and protection of migrant workers’ rights; and enhance avenues for safe, regular, and humane labour migration and mobility pathways through Free Movement Protocols/Common Market Protocols (FMPs/CMPs) and BLMAs. A robust communication and visibility strategy and action plan will support the aims of the programme.
The programme works at two levels: the regional and national levels. At the regional level, IOM proposes to work with both Regional Economic Communities (RECs) and their Member States through the Regional Ministerial Forum on Migration (RMFM) and its four Technical Working Groups (TWGs).
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
In consultation with BRMM Senior Regional Programme Coordinator, Management officer and LMHD RTS and other BRMM relevant staff, contribute to the development of project standardized Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) systems including M&E plan, tools, quality assurance mechanisms and data collection methods and procedures.
Review existing monitoring mechanisms and reporting documents including but not limited to project-level M&E plans, data collection tools, Meeting Notes and Evaluation Reports and propose improvements where necessary.
Work in close consultation with BRMM Senior Regional Programme Coordinator, Management officer and relevant staff, to consolidate and share, as necessary, relevant M&E information to inform project progress and improvement in line with IOM and donor requirements.
Support in designing, testing, and reviewing information and data collection tools. Provide technical inputs, as required.
Undertake regular field visits to coordinate the implementation of M&E and to provide procedural guidance.
Coordinate and/or undertake and compile necessary project data collection tasks.
Organize and contribute to the staff capacity building and contribute to the development of training on specific M&E aspects.
Provide technical support to other similar programmes and projects of Regional Office to facilitate a common approach.
Draft and implement collaborative learning agenda for organizational learning and decision-making. Draft, compile and/or review monthly, quarterly and/or annual internal and external project reports, not limited to M&E.
Support the programme staff in the development and design of new projects for donor submission, including carrying out specific thematic assessments as required.
Conducting BLMAs corridor assessments whenever necessary and prepare recommendations/ guidance to inform the process of developing and implementing BLMAs and conducting training on BLMAs.
Engage and provide support to the RMFMs Ministerial and Technical working groups events, workshops/trainings, rapid assessments, and other
Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Political or Social Sciences, Public health, Migration Studies, International Relations, Law, or a related field from an academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience in organizing and delivering training, strengthening capacities of colleagues.
• Experience in Project Cycle Management (PCM) and Results Based Management (RBM);
• Experience in the field of migration issues, including operational and field experience, IOM project development, management, and reporting.
• Experience in development practices such as Logical Frameworks as an advantage.
• Knowledge of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) with experience in project evaluation preferred.
• Knowledge on BLMAs, Migrants health and labor migration trends of the region
• Experience in liaising with governmental authorities, donors, academia, other national/ international institutions, and NGOs.
• Excellent team building skills with a track record in team coordination and building trust.
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
External applicants for all positions in the Professional category are required to be proficient in English and have at least a working knowledge of one additional UN Language (French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian or Chinese).
For all applicants, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
• Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
• Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via
PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 30 June 2022 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Best Africa Jobs.