IOM Programme Officer (DTM) Jobs in Ethiopia
IOM Programme Officer (DTM) Jobs in Ethiopia
Context: Under the direct supervision of the Emergency Post Crisis Unit Programme Coordinator, and in close coordination with the Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) relevant units at Headquarters (HQ) and the Regional Office in Kenya, the Programme Officer (Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM)) will be responsible and accountable for managing and overseeing all aspects of the implementation and reporting of the DTM programme and of various activities or projects developed within the Displacement Tracking Unit.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Substantively contribute to resource mobilization for DTM programming and ensure donor reporting requirements are met.
Manage and supervise DTM programme implementation and the development of other relevant DTM operations and activities to meet all project targets.
Develop DTM strategy and oversee the development and implementation of tools and products in coordination with national, regional and HQ strategies and priorities.
Directly supervise and oversee the work of DTM Unit staff, ensuring methodology design, tool development and adaptation, and the production of all required reports, including but not limited to analytical and statistical reports, displacement profiles, assessments, maps and other relevant products.
Establish and maintain working relationships with relevant authorities, UN agencies, the cluster system, Non-Governmental Organisation (NGOs), think tanks, government authorities, and other stakeholders on issues relevant to the DTM Programme. Represent IOM at relevant meetings, events and conferences.
Assess and analyse DTM data and information from the field, and optimize the utility and impact of DTM, particularly in relation to changing contexts, programme planning and linkages to other programming.
Ensure the integration of gender perspectives and attention to specific women/girls and children’s rights issues (vulnerable groups) within all DTM activities.
Develop, plan and ensure the organization of training and workshops for IOM staff, humanitarian partners and government officials on project activities and issues related to DTM, including definitions, numbers, trends, methodologies, and findings.
Implement information dissemination tools and operational frameworks for multi-layered data collection, and information management and sharing to meet partners’, key stakeholders’ and other humanitarian actors’ needs.
Present the role and functions of the DTM Programme to the government and humanitarian community, and within the inter-cluster coordination groups and mechanisms. Actively engage with the Protection cluster and its sub-working groups to represent DTM functions.
Lead and manage the organization and deployment of DTM missions to the Field and conduct regular field visits and capacity building.
Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Business Administration, International Relations, Political Science, Economics or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience working in international organizations and the humanitarian community;
• Experience managing staff and projects along the full project management cycle;
• Experience in data collection, research, and report writing;
• Donor liaison and representation experience;
• Experience writing technical requirements documents, translating/planning specifications to technical briefs for data capture/analysis;
• Experience in relevant issues such as migration,
displacement, and humanitarian assistance; and,
• Experience in the DTM is preferable.
• Leadership experience and strong communications skills;
• Computer literacy: Microsoft Suite, Adobe etc; and,
• Knowledge of the context in Ethiopia.
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
External applicants for all positions in the Professional category are required to be proficient in English and have at least a working knowledge of one additional UN Language (French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian or Chinese).
For all applicants, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of any local language, French and/or Spanish..
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
• Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
• Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via
PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 09 June 2022 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Find daily jobs in Ethiopia. Jobs - Ethiopia jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ethiopian job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Ethiopia.
Jobs in Ethiopia - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Ethiopia.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Ethiopia posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Best Africa Jobs.