IOM Programme Manager (IBM) Jobs in Kenya
IOM Programme Manager (IBM) Jobs in Kenya
Core Functions / Responsibilities: Manage all aspects of IOM Somalia's IBM projects in line with IOM and donor requirements, with the support of the IBM Programme Officers. Identify, train and supervise IBM project staff in accordance with the Organization’s procedures and regulations.
Support the timely recruitment of staff and provide financial, administrative and technical backstopping to projects. Ensure mainstreaming of gender according to IOM procedures and regulations.
Participate in resource mobilization efforts for IOM Somalia’s IBM portfolio. This includes, but is not limited to, analyzing and appraising project proposals for specific donor funding, recommending the selection of project proposals for submission to specific donors, following up on donor negotiations, and preparing project agreements with donors upon approval.
Provide substantive inputs for the development and implementation of Somalia’s national strategic plan, including advice and technical inputs related to the necessary tools to identify, track and interdict those of interest, the use of MIDAS, watch list availability, API systems, fraudulent document detection devices and other related border control devices and systems.
Ensure that all MIDAS implementation and activities are correctly coordinated through the RTS in Nairobi and MIDAS HQ.
Manage and coordinate migration and border management activities, including capacity building and other technical and soft skills training as needed.
Provide assistance and technical support to the Government of Somalia in establishing and improving its identity management processes including international recognition of Somalia’s passport, the development of national identity cards and bolstering the electoral process through voter registration documentation.
Provide analysis and input to the CoM, specific IOM units and to relevant stakeholders on issues relating to the relevant thematic area and projects managed. Prepare updates, reports, presentations, talking points and briefings to highlight IBM project activities.
Prepare project implementation and progress reports as well as periodic and final donor reports, budgetary expenditure and results reports, and other ad hoc and regular reports, materials and correspondence relevant to ongoing activities.
Liaise and act as the IOM IBM focal point for relevant interlocutors, donors, law enforcement and border management institutions in Somalia in order to ensure efficient programme implementation, facilitate information exchange and project cooperation, and promote IOM-implemented initiatives.
Establish and maintain effective working relationships with relevant government entities, United Nations (UN) Agencies, private sector and civil society partners, and other relevant stakeholders to strengthen IOM’s police training and the migration and border management portfolio.
Represent IOM and participate in relevant conferences, workshops, trainings and seminars.
Perform such other duties
as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Political, Social Science or Business Administration, International Relations, Law, Labour relations, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or,
• University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience in project/programme management with UN agencies or non or governmental organisations in migration management focusing on border management, Security Sector Reform and other related fields, with supervisory responsibilities and demonstrated achievements;
• Experience in conducting Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E), with understanding of M&E tools and approaches;
• Demonstrated experience of finance, procurement and human resource management in the context of a project or a programme;
• Experience in designing, planning, organizing, and delivering trainings;
• Experience of project development, including the associated budgets;
• Experience in programme strategy development;
• Experience in writing Projects, Concept notes, training plans, statements of works, standard operating procedures and detailed instructions;
• Experience providing support to national efforts in the area of training/capacity building, law enforcement, operations, border security and/or management, security sector management is desired;
• Previous experience in strategic/ technical advisory and coordination is desired.
• A technical understanding of Border Management Information System (BMIS);
• Knowledge and familiarity with programming in crisis or post conflict environments;
• Familiarity with the current political contexts of Somalia an advantage;
• In depth knowledge of BMIS matters related to Transnational Organized crime;
• Coordination and liaison skills between Mission’s units in implementing the programme;
• Report writing skills or regular briefs and donor reports or concept notes.
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
For this position, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of Somali, French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; IOM Programme Manager (IBM) Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.