IOM Programme Coordinator- Enhancing Community Resilience & Local Governance Project Jobs in South Sudan
IOM Programme Coordinator- Enhancing Community Resilience & Local Governance Project Jobs in South SudanContextIOM is the principal inter-governmental organization working in the field of migration.
IOM's mission is to promote humane and orderly migration by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Present in Southern Sudan since 2004, IOM has 7 static offices and a number of satellite offices across the country.
IOM currently implements a range of humanitarian assistance, transition recovery programming and development assistance in South Sudan, in co-operation with government and development partners as well as local communities.
As South Sudan transitions from a situation of protracted conflict towards one of increased stability, it is imperative for structures, services, and institutions to be in place that can manage stabilisation and serve as foundation for future development.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
Manage and lead the ECRP portfolio, ensuring results and consistency in line with the Project requirement by promoting collaboration and effective planning in order to achieve both programme milestones and targets.
Manage the overall implementation of the ECRP programme, ensuring that scope, budget, time and quality are in accordance to the component specifications, donor requirements and IOM rules and regulations in close coordination with the ECRP Coordination & Advisory Team.
Develop annual work plans in collaboration with staff and stakeholders, and oversee work plan implementationEnsure that any needed agreement or authorization from the local authorities is convened to guarantee project stability and good relations with the local government.
Assure management quality and compliance consistent with IOM policies, procedures and standards relative to ﬁnancial accountability, procurement, budget maintenance, and cost share requirements.
Serve as IOM’s primary liaison with the World Bank, UNOPS, and the South Sudanese Government by developing and maintaining effective relationships.
Promote coordination and support cross learning amongst the relevant IOM program units ensuring ECRP activities are consistent with SOPs and other operational guidelines.
Supervise the design and roll out of a sound programme Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning framework that leads to continuous improvement and fine-tunning of systems and processes tailored specifically to the ECRP.
Oversee monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of programme activities; promote a culture of learning and adaptation across the ECRP.
Ensure the timely preparation and submission of internal and external reports, updates and media releases, donor monitoring, evaluation and learning.
Engage with programme beneficiaries, community leaders, and other stakeholders ensuring that relationships are managed effectively.
Ensure cross-cutting issues are integrated appropriately such as Gender-Based Violence, Accountability to Affected Populations, Housing, Land and Property, Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse and other mainstreaming cross-cutting related issues in coordination with the Protection Unit.
Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• Master’s Degree or equivalent in Public Policy, Public Administration, Economics, Political Science, Urban Planning, or a related ﬁeld; from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience in promoting democracy and governance issues, such as decentralization, democratic local governance, women in government, anti-corruption, civic engagement, or public administration;
• Experience managing donor-funded activities would be an asset;
• Experience working with World Bank, EU, or USAID preferred;
• Experience in managing sub-awards and procurements, including construction projects involving strengthening local governmental entities’ and civil society organizations’ capacity also relevant;
• Demonstrated successful experience in establishing and nurturing strong relationships among international organizations and (sub-) national governments;
• Experience mainstreaming gender equality and safeguarding in all aspects of programming and operations in the workplace strongly preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal, cross-cultural and diplomatic skills and the ability to lead and work inclusively with a diverse team;
• Ability to establish strong working relationships with senior ofﬁcials in government, with civic leaders, business people, and international donors.
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
For this position, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of Arabic, French, Spanish and/or local language is an advantage.
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
• Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
• Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 06 August 2020 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.