IOM Procurement and Logistics Officer Jobs in Nigeria
IOM Procurement and Logistics Officer Jobs in Nigeria
ContextUnder the overall supervision of the Resources Management Officer in Abuja; functional supervision of the Procurement and Logistics Officer in Abuja and direct supervision of the Resources Management Officer in Lagos, and in close coordination with the other relevant Units, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for the Procurement and Logistics activities of the Lagos Sub-Office.
IOM procurement and supply chain activities are guided by the general principles of: Best Value for Money;
Accountability, Integrity and Transparency; Fairness and effective Competition; and, Best Interest of IOM.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
Manage and conduct overall Procurement & Logistics actions within Lagos Sub-Office, including property and assets control, supply, and contractual agreements for services and maintenance.
Take responsibility for all planning, implementation and monitoring aspects related to procurement and logistics needs in Lagos Sub-Office.
Liaise with the RMO, the Program Managers and Head of Sub-Office regarding all Procurement, Logistics and service requirements, in order to consolidate overall procurement (or service) requirements and optimize purchasing power; propose and implement strategic adjustments towards increasing the effectiveness and accuracy of all Procurement & Logistic procedures.
Analyse procurement requests, identify service providers, and evaluate information regarding vendor's performance concerning the quality, prices, and delivery of goods in view of the Organization’s best interests.
Assist Programme Managers in preparing bidding documents for the tendering of projects and issuing calls for proposals, oversee bidding processes, solicit bids, quotations and tender documents, evaluate and select suppliers, and confirm terms of payment. Support all procurement transactions and analyse them for conformity with specified requirements.
Follow-up on purchase orders status and keep Programme Managers abreast with estimated time of delivery or any changes that may affect or modify the pre-determined delivery conditions; ensure all expected merchandise is received in accordance with PO specifications, and that all goods are in good condition.
Create and maintain the database of vendor, contractor accreditation and evaluation status to ensure a pool of reliable service providers to address the needs of the Country Office.
Establish and monitor a tracking system for purchase requisitions raised in the Sub-Offices; organize and maintain proper filing systems.
Undertake physical inventory of the assets in the Sub-Offices and update it on a periodic basis; implement effective systems for assets management; ensure that appropriate record is kept on assets disposal.
Direct and supervise stockroom management practices, in order to ensure there is no undue overstocking or loss.
Manage and supervise the overall maintenance and repair of office facilities, including preventive maintenance. Establish maintenance agreements with competent service providers when it is feasible and determined to be cost effective.
Assist in the coordination of vehicle controls, supervision of
drivers and management of staff movements.
Ensure safe running condition of the fleet, and transportation of IOM staff on official business; monitor accuracy of records according the Vehicle Logbook, Servicing/Maintenance records & Fuel Consumptions.
Supervise and, train staff dedicated to the above duties and responsibilities.
Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• Master’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or Management, Procurement and Logistics or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience in preparing narrative and financial project reports, statements and/or projections;
• Experience in coordinating logistical needs of community-based reintegration projects is an added advantage;
• Experience within the International Humanitarian Field and within the organizations of the UN Common System;
• Extensive experience in the field of Procurement & Logistics, Supply Chain, and other related fields;
• Demonstrated experience in liaising with donors, governmental authorities, other national/international institutions, and NGOs;
• Working experience in the region is an asset.
• Excellent communication and writing skills with the ability to analyses complex problems and identify and convey clear, rapid solutions;
• Effective resource management skills;
• Ability to supervise staff and coordinate administrative activities;
• Demonstrated knowledge of supply chain, administration and evaluation techniques and practices;
• Good level of computer literacy, including database applications;
• Strong general analytical skills.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 24 September 2020 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Find Latest Jobs in Nigeria Today - Recruitment in Nigeria Job - Nigerian Jobs - in Nigeria - Job Vacancies in Nigeria
Search our career portal & find the latest Nigerian job positions,career opportunities & jobs in Nigeria.
Jobs in Nigeria - banking jobs in Nigeria, IT jobs in Nigeria,accounting jobs in Nigeria, NGO jobsin Nigeria, business administration in Nigeria, ICT jobs in Nigeria, UN jobs in Nigeria,procurement jobs in Nigeria, education jobs in Nigeria, hospital jobs in Nigeria, human resources jobs in Nigeria, engineering jobs in Nigeria, teaching jobs in Nigeria, and other careers in Nigeria.
Oil and Gas job vacancies in Nigeria, MTN jobs in Nigeria, job vacancies in Nigeria for fresh graduates.
Federal government jobs in Nigeria, job vacancies in Nigeria Federal Civil Service.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Nigeria posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Jobs in Zambia.