IOM NGO Customer Care Assistant Jobs in Kenya
IOM NGO Customer Care Assistant Jobs in Kenya
Under the overall supervision of the Head of the IOM Migration Health Assessment Center (MHAC) Nairobi and the direct supervision of the Senior Customer Care Assistant, the incumbent will be responsible for performing routine administrative functions such as switchboard operations, handling inquiries and providing refugee/immigrant assistance as required:Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Operate the switchboard, place and receive telephone calls.
2. Provide accurate information and answer to telephone or walk-in queries from applicants regarding their schedules and directing them, as required.
3. Screen and usher visitors and applicants.
4. Consult with the Data Processing Assistants and Nurses in order to obtain the necessary information and to accurately provide information and answers to customer queries.
5. Maintain confidentiality of health data and other personal information related to the migration health status of applicants.
6. Issue migration health appointments to applicants in accordance with the schedule provided by the Data Processing Assistants.
7. Ensure that reception area is well organized and presentable at all times.
8. Record and distribute incoming and outgoing correspondence/faxes.
9. Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Senior Customer Care Assistant. Required Qualifications and Experience
Education Completed University degree in Business Management, Secretarial studies or other related studies with 1 year of relevant professional experience or;
High School Certificate with 3 years of relevant professional experience.
1. Previous customer service experience is desired.
2. Minimum three years of relevant experience in private sector/UN agencies/NGOs/IOs;
3. Previous work experience in a hospital setting/medical institution dealing with migrants is an added advantage.
4. Ability to pay attention to details and work under pressure and meet deadlines with minimum supervision;
5. Willingness to learn and be flexible with work hours.
6. Strong communication, customer service and interpersonal relationship skills;
7. High level of computer literacy, especially MS Word, Outlook, Excel and Access.
Fluency in both written and spoken English and Swahili is required.
Inclusion & respect for diversity
Shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, culture, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political conviction and other differences.
Encourages the inclusion of all team members and stakeholders while demonstrating the ability to work constructively with people with different backgrounds and orientations.
Promotes the benefits of diversity; values diverse points of view and demonstrate this in daily work and decision making.
Challenges prejudice, biases and intolerance in the workplace.
Integrity & transparency
Upholds and promotes the Standards of Conduct and Unified Staff Regulations and Rules.
Delivers on commitments; manages the organization’s resources reliably and sustainably.
Embraces and encourages transparency, balancing this with the need for discretion and confidentiality as appropriate.
Maintains impartiality and takes prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behaviour.
Does not abuse one’s position and acts without consideration of personal gain. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns.
Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter and willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
Seeks to raise professional standards in self
and others through daily work and activities.
Adapts quickly to change and is decisive and versatile in face of uncertainty.
Shows self-control and persistence when faced with difficult problems, and remains calm in stressful situations.
Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and partners; relates well to people at all levels.
Is fully aware of the team purpose, respects and understands individual and collective responsibilities.
Willingly puts in extra effort without being asked and adopts a "hands-on" approach whenever necessary to achieve team objectives.
Coordinates own work with that of the team to meet agreed priorities and deadlines
Produces quality results and provides quality services to clients.
Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services.
Manages time and resources efficiently, monitoring progress and making adjustments as necessary.
Shows understanding of own role and responsibilities in relation to expected results.
Managing and Sharing Knowledge
Keeps abreast of new developments in own field of competence and creates opportunities for knowledge management initiatives.
Shares knowledge and learning willingly, and proactively seeks to learn from the experiences of others.
Puts new learning into practice and draws on diverse sources of ideas and inspiration.
Contributes to the identification of improvements to work processes and assists in implementing them
Accepts personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of work.
Takes ownership of all responsibilities within own role and honours commitments to others and to the Organization.
Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules.
Accepts and gives constructive criticism; acknowledges and corrects mistakes and apply lessons learned for improvement
Presents information using language and sequence of ideas that is easy for recipients to understand
Adapts communication to the recipient’s needs, asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication.
Encourages others to share their views, using active listening to demonstrate openness and to build understanding of different perspectives.
Listens carefully and genuinely to the views and positions of others; acts on received information
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application by sending a Motivation Letter and the updated CV to the email address KCOrecruitmentMHD@iom.int referring to this advertisement
Closing Date: 7th November, 2019
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!