IOM Field Coordinator (WBeG) Jobs in South Sudan
IOM Field Coordinator (WBeG) Jobs in South Sudan
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Coordinator (ECRP) in Juba, and in close collaboration with the relevant IOM Technical Leads, the ECRP Coordination & Advisory Team, the successful candidate will provide technical guidance and support field teams under the Enhancing Community Resilience Project (ECRP).
Core Functions / Responsibilities
Provide technical guidance, coordinate and supervise ECRP field teams in a specific Area of Responsibility (AoR).
Provide technical inputs for the development and implementation of programming and methodology roll out.
Facilitate the mainstreaming of protection, gender, and Gender-Based Violence (GBV) and the implementation of activities to engage women and marginalized groups meaningfully and safely in the project according to technical guidance.
Support field teams to implement inclusive community engagement strategies and an accessible and safe community-based grievance mechanism.
Support field teams to help mainstream conflict sensitivity and ‘Do No Harm’ into sub-project interventions.
Coordinate the provision of timely feedback and reporting by providing weekly updates and other information to the Programme Coordinator (ECRP).
Assist the Programme Coordinator (ECRP) and Technical Advisory Team to prepare narrative reports and learning, analyses and studies as required.
Work closely with IOM colleagues in South Sudan to check that operational and logistical elements of the programme are in place and appropriately maintained.
Support the Programme Coordinator in monitoring and following up on activities related to the management of the ECRP specific to the AoR.
Conduct monitoring visits, evaluations, and coordinate with the relevant ECRP and IOM technical staff.
Promote responsive, effective management and good practices by facilitating communication and encouraging collaboration with other team members and AoRs.
Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• Master’s degree in International Relations, Political Science, Development Studies, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
• Relevant operational experience;
• Field experience in developing countries;
• Experience in interventions aimed at enhancing socio-economic conditions of vulnerable populations, e.g. local economic recovery, employment promotion, agricultural development, entrepreneurship building, vocational and technical education, and training or poverty reduction; • Demonstrated experience in inclusive approaches, gender, and GBV mainstreaming in community development;
• Demonstrated experience operationalizing field level grievance redress mechanisms according to technical guidance;
• Demonstrated experience in conflict sensitive approaches for humanitarian and development programming,
including ‘Do No Harm’;
• Experience in liaising with government authorities, private sector, national/international institutions, and Non-Governmental Organisation (NGOs) is an added advantage;
• Experience in building effective partnerships with the private sector;
• Previous working experience in Eastern Africa is highly advantageous.
• Working knowledge of impact measurement, programme monitoring and evaluation, cost-effectiveness analysis, commitment to evidence-based decision-making and social impact evaluation;
• Excellent interpersonal, cross-cultural, and diplomatic skills and the ability to lead and work collaboratively with a diverse team;
• Familiarity with gender mainstreaming and inclusion/protection principles.
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
• Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
• Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 17 September 2020 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.