Investing in Children and Their Societies Project Officer Jobs in Kenya
Investing in Children and Their Societies Project Officer Jobs in Kenya Purpose of functionThe Project Officer will work with the Programmes Coordinator and other team members to achieve project success.
Specifically, they will work to ensure that project activities are successfully
implemented in accordance with ICS SP programming guidelines, ICS SP rules and regulations, project proposals and donor compliance requirements.
Roles and responsibilities
• Work with the team to develop short and long-term plans for the assigned project
• Implement project activities as per approved plans
• Ensure successful generation of planned outputs and attainment of key project
• Liaise with field officers by providing necessary technical support in implementation of project activities
Project monitoring and reporting
• Prepare periodic reports, financial reports and records on project activities on a timely basis ,
• Monitor progress, ensures adherence and evaluates first line performance of the project
• Receive monthly reports from Field officers and community facilitators, review and
refine before sharing with Programme officer
• Highlight areas of concern vis-à-vis the project performance indicators agreed upon
• Collate lessons learnt, success factors and facilitates dissemination as necessary, including providing content to the communication unit for the development of materials
• Periodically monitor and update beneficiary database of the projects and update in
before finally sharing with Programme officer well as other interested departments
• Update project documentation on a timely basis
Networking and resource mobilization
• Maintain effective interface with government authorities and partners as well as broader
network of stakeholders at implementation level
• Contribute to the development of proposals, project concepts and communication materials for visibility and fundraising
• Represent the organization in meetings and networks at project level and as assigned
Human Resource Management
• Supervise field staff and community volunteers by articulating performance and behavioural expectations, displaying model behaviour, maintaining open lines of communication and being clear about roles and relationships
• Organize meetings on regular basis with designated field staff and community facilitators to foster positive relationships
• Support field staff and community facilitators in formulating performance objectives and indicators and conducts performance reviews
• Support development of field staff and facilitators by initiating mentorship and coaching processes
• Coordinate recruitment of community volunteers
• Proactively identifies and resolves field staff and community facilitator conflicts and concerns
• Scrutinize funds requests by field staff and community facilitators and approves or recommends them as appropriate
• Ensure proper accountability of fund requests by self and other field staff
• At least 3 years proven project implementation experience
• Extensive understanding of child, family, community engagement approaches development and
programming trends globally and in Africa
• Strong project administration experience
• Sound understanding of community engagement and facilitation approaches
• Implementation knowledge of child development and child wellbeing programmes
• Strong interpersonal, communication, facilitation and presentation skills
• Basic degree in social sciences /development studies/ community development or related
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Investing in Children and Their Societies Project Officer Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.