Investing in Children and Their Societie Programmes Coordinator Jobs in Kenya
Investing in Children and Their Societie Programmes Coordinator Jobs in Kenya Purpose of functionTo translate ICS strategy into action by managing program office, initiating and undertaking fundraising initiatives, organization marketing, networking with donors and other stakeholders at country and county level, developing projects , managing grants for partner CBOs and local NGOs
and providing leadership and management at the program Office.
Roles and responsibilities
Program Coordination and Implementation
• Works with the team to develop short and long-term plans for the projects
• Manage, supervise and control multiple project through project life cycle.
• Implement assigned program activities as per approved plans
• Monitors progress, ensures adherence and evaluates performance
• Coordinates project activities with interrelated activities of other country programs, departments or staff to ensure optimum efficiency and compliance with appropriate policies, procedures and specifications
• Reviews and prepares periodic reports, financial reports and records on project activities, progress, status or other special reports from management or outside agencies
• Conducts first line evaluation of program effectiveness to develop improved methods, analyses results and recommends and/or takes appropriate action
• Guides project actions by researching, developing writing and updating documents, practices, toolkits and guidelines
• Collates lessons learnt, success factors and facilitates dissemination as necessary, including providing content to the Communication unit for the development of materials
• Ensures that all projects documentation is updated and uploaded to organizational systems on a timely basis
• Continuously update training and user guide information for tool and resourcing process.
Partner Planning and Reporting
• Maintain partner relations and coordinates planning and reporting to ICS, based on stipulated timelines
• Maintain project calendar and milestones.
• Reviews the reports from partners, collates lessons learnt, success factors and facilitates
dissemination as necessary including providing content to communication unit for the development of materials
• Reviews partner progress and financial reports and highlights areas of concern vis-à-vis the performance indicators agreed upon
• Maintains records of partner requests and/or complaints and makes follow ups to ensure they
• Supports the responsible government officials in planning, coordinating quality, timely effective preventive and responses, development of quality child protection services
• Maintains effective interface with government authorities and partners as well as broader
network of stakeholders who can contribute to create and nurture safe environment for
Networking, Fundraising and Resource Mobilization
• Develops and maintains productive relationships with key individuals in relevant government ministries, civil society, counterpart institutions and NGOs, foreign and local NGO community, and other donors
• Develops content for proposals, project concepts and communication materials for visibility and fundraising
• Carries out research to identify potential resources to support implementation of ICS programs
• Develops and implements strategies for mobilizing resources and raising funds for ICS projects and activities
• Represents the organization in meetings, conferences and networks as assigned
Human Resource Management
• Supervises project staff by articulating performance and behavioural expectations, displaying model behaviour, maintaining open lines of communication and being clear about roles and relationships
• Organizes meetings on regular basis with designated staff to foster positive relationships
• Supports staff in formulating performance objectives and indicators and conducts performance reviews
• Supports staff in meeting desired performance deliverables
• Supports development of staff by initiating mentorship and coaching processes
• Coordinates recruitment of staff, community volunteers and deals with general HR issues.
• Proactively identifies and resolves staff conflicts and concerns
• Coordinates preparation and timely submission of the financial reports to management and
• Scrutinizes funds requests by staff and partners and approves or recommends them as
• At least 5 years proven programme experience (with at least 2 years at supervisory level)
• Extensive understanding of development and programming trends globally and in Africa
• Strong project management and administration experience
• Solid understanding on planning, budgeting and project reporting
• Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
• Able to manage self and, guide and lead employees to ensure appropriate programme
management processes are being used
• Basic degree in social sciences /development studies/ community development or related
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Investing in Children and Their Societie Programmes Coordinator Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.