International Organzation for Migration Project Assistant Jobs in Ethiopia
International Organzation for Migration Project Assistant Jobs in EthiopiaJob Id
: 199466 Category
: Business Development, Engineering, Social Sciences and Community Location
: Addis Ababa, Addis Ababa Career Level
: Mid Level ( 2+ - 5 years experience) Employment Type
: Full time Salary
: As per UN salary scale (G-5)Job DescriptionVacancy No
Project Assistant - FAP (Tgrigna speaker) (Re Advertised)Duty Station
Addis Ababa, EthiopiaClassification
G-5Type of Appointment
SVN, Six months with possibility of extensionEstimated start date
As soon as possibleClosing Date
: 08.03.2019Organizational Background
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners.
IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy.Context and Scope of the Position
Under the programmatic supervision of the Family Assistance Program (FAP) Project Coordinator, and the direct supervision of National Project Officer (FAP), the successful candidate will be based in Addis Ababa and will be accountable and responsible for assisting the streamlining of applicant case processing and guiding family members on how to correctly complete the German Family Reunification (FR) visa application and supporting documentation checklists.Core Functions / Responsibilities
The successful candidate will specifically undertake:
1. Act as the quality control focal point for the project in Addis Ababa, assist in the day-to-day quality control monitoring of the visa applications, and supporting the Team Leader in the monitoring of the FAP activities;
2. Assist the Team Leader to monitor all activities on FAP internal software, verifying ensuring accuracy of data entry activities;
3. Ensure that the questionnaires filed with the visa applications are accurate and meet the requirements set by the donor, and report immediately any quality issue to the Quality Control Officer;
4. Enhance capacities of Migrant Service Assistants (MSAs) through providing ad hoc trainings to promote knowledge and application of the SOPs;
5. Assist with the report preparation and data-management of the FAP project by preparing statistical and thematic reports whenever required;
6. Report to FAP management of any problems or issues arising immediately and regularly make suggestions on how to improve efficiency and service;
7. Maintain a positive working relationship with the German Embassy staff locally and with external counterparts involved with the processing of this caseload;
8. Maintain and promote confidentiality and integrity of all FAP-related matters and of all beneficiaries, in accordance with guidelines and instructions;
9. Take active steps to mitigate fraud and malfeasance, and to monitor the integrity of records containing individual data;
10. Perform any other duties as may be assigned.Job RequirementsRequired Qualifications and ExperienceEducation University degree or equivalent in Business Management, Client Services, Social Science, Engineering Science or related discipline preferred; or an equivalent combination of education, training & experience.
Five years for Bachelor Degree holders and seven years for candidates holding diploma of relevant professional experience in a similar setting & capacity preferred; demonstrated ability to maintain accuracy & confidentiality in performing responsibilities.
Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, Good knowledge of information technology and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Publisher.
Previous work experience in international organizations and service industry companies would be an advantage.
Strong interpersonal & intercultural skills with an attention to detail
Previous and/or current experience in a similar project is an advantage.
Fluency in English and Tigrinya is required.
German is an advantage.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following behavioral and technical competencies.
Accepts and gives constructive criticism.
Follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies.
Meets deadline, cost, and quality requirements for outputs.
Monitors own work to correct errors.
Takes responsibility for meeting commitments and for any shortcomings.
Contributes to colleagues' learning.
Demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills.
Demonstrates interest in acquiring skills relevant to other functional areas.
Keeps abreast of developments in own professional area.
Actively shares relevant information.
Clearly communicates, and listens to feedback on, changing priorities and procedures.
Writes clearly and effectively, adapting wording and style to the intended audience.
Listens effectively and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience.
Creativity and Initiative
Actively seeks new ways of improving project or services.
Expands responsibilities while maintaining existing ones.
Persuades others to consider new ideas.
Proactively develops new ways to resolve problems.
Planning and Organizing
Sets clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self and others.
Identifies priority activities and assignments for self.
Organizes and documents work to allow for planned and unplanned handovers.
Identifies risks and makes contingency plans.
Adjusts priorities and plans to achieve goals.
Allocates appropriate times and resources for own work and that of team members.
Masters subject matter related to responsibilities.
Identifies issues, opportunities, and risks central to responsibilities.
Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation.
Persistent, calm, and polite in the face of challenges and stress.
Treats all colleagues with respect and dignity.
Works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to relevant cultural contexts.
Knowledgeable about and promotes IOM core mandate.
Maintain a professional appearance and migrant-friendly demeanor at all times;
Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team environment.
Contributes to, and follows team objectives.
Gives credit where credit is due.
Seeks input and feedback from others.
Delegates tasks and responsibilities as appropriate.
Actively supports and implements final group decisions.
Takes joint responsibility for team's work.
Learns about developments in available technology.
Proactively identifies and advocates for cost-efficient technology solutions.
Understands applicability and limitation of technology and seeks to apply it to appropriate work.
Establishes realistic resource requirements to meet IOM needs.
Effective communicator, creative analytical thinker, active learner and strong team player.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application/ motivation letter enclosed with only detail CV written in English via our e-mail address RECADDIS@IOM.INT, by March 08, 2018 at the latest, referring the position title and Vacancy number in the subject line of your email; no photocopies of educational/training certificates is required at this stage; applicant who doesn`t follow the required application procedure will automatically be disqualified from the competition.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We strongly encourage qualified women to apply!
International Organzation for Migration Project Assistant Jobs in Ethiopia