International Organization for Migration National Program Officer Jobs in Ethiopia
International Organization for Migration National Program Officer Jobs in EthiopiaJob Id
: Legal, Security Location
: Amhara, Oromia, Tigray, Addis Ababa Career Level
: Managerial Level (Manager, Supervisor, Director) Employment Type
: Full time Salary
: As per UN Salary Scale - NOAJob DescriptionVacancy No.
National Program Officer – DDR (3x)Duty Station
Tigray, Amhara, and Oromia - EthiopiaClassification
NOA Type of Appointment
SVN, Six months with possibility of extensionEstimated Start Date
As soon as possiblePosting Period
03.10.2019 - 17.10.2019About IOM
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners.
IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal & External candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy.Context
Under the overall supervision of the Disarmament, Demobilization and Reintegration Programme Manager , direct supervision of the National DDR Coordinator and working in close coordination with the Transition and Recovery team, the successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day planning and implementation of Disarmament, Demobilization and Reintegration (DDR) programming in Ethiopia at sub-national level.
The candidate will support regional states, regional DDR teams and partners through technical assistance, capacity building and strategic engagement for the effective and smooth implementation of the DDR programme.Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Lead the day to day implementation of the DDR activities at sub-national level in close coordination with IOM staff, partners, government authorities and project beneficiaries
2. Participate in sub-national inter-agency or other relevant coordination platforms on DDR with regional Government authorities, joint project coordination unit (PCU), Reintegration Steering Committee and partners.
3. Facilitate the synergy of role of medical, psychosocial, financial, livelihood, economic support referral officers for the effective implementation of the DDR project
4. Serve as the key regional focal person under the project coordination team
5. Provide overall supervision and administration of the regional DDR project staff including the planning and implementation of staff capacity building activities.
6. support the development and implementation proper project monitoring mechanisms at regional and grass roots level.
7. Strengthen coordination mechanism with various government entities at regional, zonal and woreda level for the implementation of the reinsertion as well as reintegration support for ex-combatants.
8. Identify and pursue opportunities to develop partnership with sub-national authorities with a view to enhancing existing cooperation networks supporting DDR programming.
9. Support technical assistance and capacity building to the regional state bodies and structures engaged in the field of managing reintegration of ex-combatants).
10. Coordinate the monitoring and evaluation of the activities related to IOM Ethiopia projects in the field of DDR including baseline assessments, field monitoring and elaboration/review of evaluation reports.
11. Monitor the budgets and expenditure tracking on projects at regional level;
12. Coordinate appropriate procurement tracking and for the DDR programme and ensure the timely dispatch of received commodities to project sites, in coordination with Procurement and finance colleagues.
13. Produce project narrative and progress monitoring, reports ensuring their timely submission, and regular updates to stakeholders, partners and donors in collaboration with project support team.
14. Monitor project progress identify challenges and bottlenecks and suggest corrective actions document best practice and share lessons learned.
15. Facilitate the integration of cross-cutting issues such as gender, children and other vulnerable groups in the program/projects are properly reflected in the IOM interventions.
16. Undertake duty travel as required, for project site review and other duties of concern to the project activities.
17. Perform any other duties that may be assignedJob RequirementsEducation Completed University degree in Law, International Relations, Development Studies and Planning, or a related field from an accredited academic institution;
Six years relevant experience for Maters Degree holders and eight years for Bachelor holders.
Operational field experience in programme formulation, implementation and evaluation relating to demobilization and reintegration of ex-combatants;
Direct experience on peacebuilding, conflict resolution, security sector reform at national or sub-national level with specialized international agencies (United Nations Agencies, International Organizations, and International Non-Government Organizations) and in complex crisis operations, including conflict and post-conflict situations;
Previous work experience in community-led recovery and stabilization programmes, youth-at-risk, prevention of recruitment to violent or extremist groups, livelihoods, socio-economic improvement and/or conflict mitigation components;
Previous experience in supervising staff;
Thorough knowledge of the United Nations Department of Safety and Security protocols and experience managing staff in a Phase III or above security environment;
Experience in setting clear tasks and team-building with staff from diverse environments and backgrounds and in UNDSS phased security areas.
Thorough knowledge of spoken and written English and Amharic.
Knowledge of local languages is an advantage.
Values and Competencies
Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application/ motivation letter enclosed with only detail CV written in English via our e-mail address RECADDIS@IOM.INT, by Oct 17, 2019 at the latest, referring the position title and Vacancy number in the subject line of your email; no photocopies of educational/training certificates is required at this stage; applicant who doesn`t follow the required application procedure will automatically be disqualified from the competition.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We strongly encourage qualified women to apply!
International Organization for Migration National Program Officer Jobs in Ethiopia