Innovation Village Regional Manager Jobs in Uganda
Innovation Village Regional Manager Jobs in Uganda
About the Role The Regional Manager will provide oversight for the design, management and execution of regional objectives in line with the goal of Innovation Village.
They will provide leadership to the community and business development sections of the department at regional level.
They will support the establishment and maintenance of a functional – result-oriented
community by setting targets for each district within that region based on their previous experience.
Lead the curation and maintain the 3 pillars for community; Community programs, Memberships and real estate in their region.
Key Result Areas
Strategic Leadership 10%
● Provide line supervision and performance management for the regional community staff in liaison with other departments and management team to ensure delivery on key program tasks
● Plan and manage staffing for the region according to the organisation staffing norms and needs at hand.
● Develop and maintain regular communication and collaboration with the region and other partners with regard to management strategies, implementation of activities and engagement of all stakeholders.
● Conduct on-the-job training for the regional community staff in areas where they need support to ensure the realisation of TIV objectives.
● Strategically create and maintain healthy working relationships between The Innovation Village, government entities, private sector, academia and all other stakeholders at regional level.
● Manage change management process of staff from one project to the next and within the region
● Set guidelines, targets and deliverables for the regional team and oversee the execution of these to suit the company’s goals and objectives.
Program Management 50%
● Translate Innovation Village goals into local strategy, developing comprehensive community programs and campaigns across multiple markets.
● Forecast and design regional work plans and budgets taking into account resources, market demands, structure, cost, operational risk and system capabilities for the region.
● Develop and identify programs opportunities specially tailored to suit the entrepreneur needs of the region.
● Drive and manage the delivery of a multi-channel sales and service strategy across the region to attract, grow and retain quality innovators and SME business.
● Keep abreast of local market dynamics; identify changes, risks and opportunities for the business.
● Effect accountability through routine weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting as the supervisor requests.
● Seek out for grant opportunities for the region and coordinate their proposal writing together with the Grants Aquisition and Management team while identifying potential partners for implementation.
● Develop and ensure local community participation in programs by setting up structures and guidelines around community building and engagement
Business Financing 30%
● Ensure smooth regional business operations in districts where TIV supports in close collaboration with head office and MOTIV
● Identify and operationalise business opportunities in the region that can generate income for the
regional office and ensure sustainability of the programs in that region
● Manage real estate issues in districts where TIV has offices within the region.
● Drive service excellence in the region by planning, continuous monitoring, enforcement of all SLAs, service standards and service initiatives for entrepreneurs.
● Monitor and manage complete regulatory compliance in the region.
● Oversee sales and marketing for products and services provided by the community and TIV to optimise growth and company revenue
● Build strategic relationships with local production companies, and partners to offer support along value chains
Community Memberships 10%
● Create a membership-based community with a people-centric culture, understanding the entrepreneurs’ needs, impact on customer satisfaction measures and bottom line gain.
● Through the community managers, oversee & maximize community events ensuring goals are met and event spaces are optimized and occupied to the highest degree of impactful events and revenue-generating opportunities.
● Oversee the planning and supervision of educational, professional and personal
development programs/activities based on members’ needs and requests
● Build the Innovation Village reputation through outreach and business development
● Build and maintain meaning and trusted relationships with key stakeholders and
other external Partners to grow the ecosystem in their region
Qualifications, Skills and Experiences
A master’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Statistics, Project management or related areas with 8 years in a similar field. Alternatively one should have a bachelors’ degree in similar capabilities listed above and 10 years of field experience. Additional training and certification in project management would be an advantage.
● At least 8- 10 years of progressively responsible experience is required at the national or international level in the areas of community development.
● A quick learner with the ability to work independently in a dynamic environment.
● Experience of work in the region of choice is a very strong advantage.
● Previous experience in development assistance or related work for a donor organization, governmental institutions, NGO or private sector / consulting firm is a very strong advantage.
● Extensive experience in managing a multidisciplinary team
Should possess competencies in;
Ownership and initiative
Innovation and agility
Drive for results
Thinking and problem analysis
Resilience and resourcefulness
Communication and influencing
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Innovation Village Regional Manager Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.