Infectious Diseases Institute Technical Officer – Surveillance Systems Jobs in Uganda
Infectious Diseases Institute Technical Officer – Surveillance Systems Jobs in Uganda General SummaryThe selected candidate will work closely with the NAPHS Acceleration Team, Ministry of Health, and Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries, Ministry of Water and Environment, Uganda Wildlife Authority, as well as other relevant authorities of government of Uganda.
The incumbent will report to the Senior Project Manager and work closely with local and international surveillance experts to oversee the review of the existing surveillance systems in line with NAPHS, the benchmarks tool and IHR, 2005.
The surveillance work will focus on strengthening coordinated surveillance system for priority zoonotic diseases. .
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Assess capacity, capabilities and gaps of existing surveillance systems for priority zoonotic diseases in human and animal health sectors
• Develop operational plans for strengthening priority zoonotic disease surveillance to improve response timelines
• Evaluate the linkage between surveillance and laboratory in human and animal health for harmonization of the electronic reporting systems.
• Advocate for additional funding in the surveillance space and coordinate all partners so they are aligned
• Work with the surveillance team in Uganda to align surveillance systems with timeliness indicators that are being collected; do analysis to understand where the breakages in the system can be
• Support Ministries to document and disseminate surveillance information products such as weekly and monthly bulletins
• Support develop the system for collection, analysis and utilization of surveillance data at priority Points of Entry
• Comprehensive review of the linkage and possible integration of the electronic reporting systems from the animal and human health sectors
• Reviewed linkage between laboratory systems and surveillance in animal and human health
Documented and disseminated surveillance information products such as weekly and monthly bulletins
• Bachelor Degree in Biomedical Sciences, MBChB, Veterinary Medicine, Pharmacy or Public Health) and Master’s Degree in Public Health or Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Statistics or similar qualification. Demonstrated knowledge of computer analytical packages is desired.
• At least 5 years of progressive work experience in supporting national surveillance systems
• Familiarity with the International Health Regulations (2005) and global health security agenda targets
• Demonstrated experience in convening and leading high-level discussion with Government of Uganda officials and public and private stakeholders
• Demonstrated experience and skills in successful analysis, documentation and dissemination of surveillance reports
• Understanding of the multi-sectoral and One Health approaches to achieving Global Health Security objectives
• Excellent written and oral skills with demonstrated experience documenting and disseminating surveillance data and programme accomplishments
• Familiarity with government of Uganda structure and functions relating to surveillance framework and health system strengthening processes
How to Apply
Candidates that meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in these positions should send their CVs, including details of email address, present position, current remuneration, Certificate/testimonials and address of three (3) Referees plus telephone contact to the stipulated email address not later than 9th August, 2020.
Email your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
IDI is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a recruitment fee or any other fees at any stage of the recruitment process.
Internal candidates who meet the required specifications and have worked with IDI for a period of at least one year will be given priority.
Make sure that your application letter, CV and certificates are attached as one document.
Indicate the Vacancy Code as the subject line of your email.
Please note that if you DO NOT indicate the vacancy code as instructed above, your application will not be considered.
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
The Senior Human Resource Manager
Infectious Diseases Institute — IDI Knowledge Centre, Makerere University Main Campus
College of Health Sciences, Makerere University
P.O. Box 22418, Kampala, Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda.Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.