iMMAP Senior Analyst - COVID Response Jobs in Nigeria
iMMAP Senior Analyst - COVID Response Jobs in NigeriaIn collaboration with OCHA, this project aims to support the humanitarian sectors in northeast Nigeria with information management services including the establishment of continuous screening/ update of Secondary Data Review (SDR) repository, technical backstopping to sectors’ Information Management and for monthly situation analysis.
This project will support a global project involving 6 countries.
This position will oversee the data analysis and deliverables development in close coordination with the Senior IMO and with the Project Lead.
Description of Duties
The senior analyst will work with the iMMAP analysis team to provide in-depth analysis on the changing situation in northeast Nigeria.
These include, but not limited to, analysis of the changing political and conflict situation; analysis of local stakeholders; analysis of local governance structures; local stakeholder capacity assessments.
The IMO will support all goals and strategies of the iMMAP programme in its work with national partners, international partners and applicable donor agencies.
The IMO will develop and maintain constant and good contacts with humanitarian partners.
• The IMO will proactively gather information from sector partners, government authorities which may be of use to the sector for informing decisions;
• The IMO will identify gaps in current implementing partner participants and will engage with NGOs, humanitarian and development organisations to restore renew or join participation in data sharing or IM support.
• The IMO will identify barriers for information collection, collation, analysis and sharing.
• The IMO will ensure timely preparation and generation of information products, and support on information sharing and dissemination through web platforms to all relevant humanitarian implementing partners.
• The IMO will adapt appropriate existing IM tools including those available in-country (including from other sectors) and global level. As appropriate, design of data collection forms, ensuring that the purpose and use of all data collected is clear, collectable and easily collectable, highlighting where potential problems might arise; organise and manage the data input and initial analysis and presentation of data for the sector;
• The IMO will develop standard formats for, and regular output of publication of materials and statistics highlighting the humanitarian situation in country upon request.
• The IMO will facilitate mobile data collection, form development and data management.
• The IMO will generate statistical reports, graphs, maps and follow up on cluster specific trends.
• The IMO will support new and ongoing assessments.
• Collect and consolidate data from various partners, prepare and submit reports on regular bases
• Map assistance coverage in specified area, analyse and report the potential gaps
• Produce, share maps illustrating scale/coverage of assistance
• Record, document and share coordination meeting minutes
• Maintain data bases, provide data entry if required
• Participate in, and coordinate with, the secondary data analysis tagging team, and ensure the information is captured correctly
• Be in in regular communication with the senior analysis team and the global COVID project manager
Mapping - specific
• The IMO will develop maps of 4Ws, sector resources, needs, Gaps per location;
• The IMO will maintain geospatial databases and ensure data quality and integrity through the use of automated and manual techniques to enter, edit and process data sets;
• The IMO will attend periodic information management meetings with the iMMAP IMO team and country director to share updates on ongoing IM products and activities and promote good practices in the organisation.
• The IMO will participate in cluster meetings and/or the IM working group.
• The IMO will provide specific, sometimes dedicated, support to other agencies, when required.
• Advanced degree in the field of information management; data analysis or equivalent
• Demonstrated qualitative and quantitative data analysis skills
• High level of proficiency in English
• Knowledge of working with the DEEP platform (https://www.thedeep.io/) )is an advantage
• Excellent writing and secondary data analysis skills
• Advanced know of the humanitarian architecture and experience in working on multi-sector assessments
Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; iMMAP Senior Analyst - COVID Response Jobs in Nigeria
Find Latest Jobs in Nigeria Today - Recruitment in Nigeria Job - Nigerian Jobs - in Nigeria - Job Vacancies in Nigeria
Search our career portal & find the latest Nigerian job positions,career opportunities & jobs in Nigeria.
Jobs in Nigeria - banking jobs in Nigeria, IT jobs in Nigeria,accounting jobs in Nigeria, NGO jobsin Nigeria, business administration in Nigeria, ICT jobs in Nigeria, UN jobs in Nigeria,procurement jobs in Nigeria, education jobs in Nigeria, hospital jobs in Nigeria, human resources jobs in Nigeria, engineering jobs in Nigeria, teaching jobs in Nigeria, and other careers in Nigeria.
Oil and Gas job vacancies in Nigeria, MTN jobs in Nigeria, job vacancies in Nigeria for fresh graduates.
Federal government jobs in Nigeria, job vacancies in Nigeria Federal Civil Service.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Nigeria posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.