iMMAP Publication Officer - iMMAP COVID Response Jobs in Nigeria
iMMAP Publication Officer - iMMAP COVID Response Jobs in NigeriaIn collaboration with OCHA, this project aims to support the humanitarian sectors in northeast Nigeria with information management services including the establishment of continuous screening/ update of Secondary Data Review (SDR) repository, technical backstopping to sectors’ Information Management and for monthly situation analysis.
This project will support a global project involving 6 countries.
Description of Duties
The communications officer (CO) assumes the primary responsibility for planning, developing and implementing communication strategies to promote iMMAPs’ programmes.
• Examine the work of iMMAP in country to assess the communication capacity of the organisation and its various programs and projects, and determine communication requirements (internal and external) that must be met to support the organization’s goals;
• Identify and detail approaches for fulfilling iMMAP’s communication requirements in country in a comprehensive and coordinated strategy that best promotes its programmes and mission;
• Propose and lead the development of media related products including print, electronic, and online that can be employed to promote the work of the organisation and maximise its awareness within the wider humanitarian community;
• Develop a monitoring and evaluation system to facilitate the measurement of the impact and efficiency of the new implemented communications strategy;
• Where appropriate, represent the iMMAP project team with partners, and participate in local community activities;
• Maintain effective and positive internal contacts with iMMAP regional officers and staff, and external contacts with national and local government officials, international non- governmental organisations (NGOs), donor agency officials, vendors, media, and the general public;
• Follow iMMAP's branding regulations required for marking, or branding, of all iMMAP products and correspondence.
• Serve as the main contributor of information regarding the country program to the communications and outreach manager in HQ.
• Coordinate and collaborate with the communications and outreach manager in HQ on various projects as needed.
• Serve as the main contributor on iMMAP social media pages for the country related content.
• A university degree in communications, marketing or related field.
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience in communication, public relations, advertising, communication analysis & planning, social development communication, marketing;
• Thorough knowledge of the UN cluster system and how it operates
• Proven ability and experience interacting with a wide range of organisations while upholding humanitarian principles of impartiality and neutrality.
Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; iMMAP Publication Officer - iMMAP COVID Response Jobs in Nigeria
Find Latest Jobs in Nigeria Today - Recruitment in Nigeria Job - Nigerian Jobs - in Nigeria - Job Vacancies in Nigeria
Search our career portal & find the latest Nigerian job positions,career opportunities & jobs in Nigeria.
Jobs in Nigeria - banking jobs in Nigeria, IT jobs in Nigeria,accounting jobs in Nigeria, NGO jobsin Nigeria, business administration in Nigeria, ICT jobs in Nigeria, UN jobs in Nigeria,procurement jobs in Nigeria, education jobs in Nigeria, hospital jobs in Nigeria, human resources jobs in Nigeria, engineering jobs in Nigeria, teaching jobs in Nigeria, and other careers in Nigeria.
Oil and Gas job vacancies in Nigeria, MTN jobs in Nigeria, job vacancies in Nigeria for fresh graduates.
Federal government jobs in Nigeria, job vacancies in Nigeria Federal Civil Service.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Nigeria posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.