ILRI Post-doctoral Scientist Jobs in Kenya
ILRI Post-doctoral Scientist Jobs in Kenya Job DetailsThe International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) works to improve food security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for better and more sustainable use of livestock.
ILRI is a CGIAR research centre - part of a global research partnership for a food-secure future.
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit a Post-doctoral Scientist to lead laboratory and field studies to evaluate roles of plant beneficial microbes on the adaptation and agronomic performances of Brachiaria grass.
ILRI works to improve food and nutritional security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe and sustainable use of livestock.
It is the only one of 15 CGIAR research centers dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world.
• Microbial isolation, identification and characterization, inoculum preparation, plant inoculations, documenting agronomic and physiological performance.
• Conduct research to understand how naturally occurring plant beneficial microorganism(s) contribute to the drought tolerance, nutrient acquisition, disease resistance and overall performance of the host plants.
• Develops and apply environmental microbiology techniques to study dynamics of naturally occurring microbial communities over time.
• Participate in team discussions aimed at the design of new experiments, reports on results of research including publishing in peer review scientific journals, giving presentations at institutional meetings and national and international conferences.
• Contribute in grant writing
• Co-supervise research associate, research officers and visiting scientists
• Ph.D. in plant molecular biology, plant microbe interaction, molecular microbiology or related disciplines in the last three years
• Two or more years of research experiences on molecular biology, plant microbe interaction, genomics and transcriptomics
• A good knowledge of theory and practices of modern biosciences.
• Proficiency in bioinformatics and biological statistics
• Evidence of publications in peer review journal and participation in national and international meetings
• Strong interest in and commitment to African agricultural research and development.
• Proficiency in spoken and written English
How to Apply
Applicants should send a cover letter, copy of PhD transcript and CV explaining their interest in the position, what they can bring to the job and the names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to the Director, People and Organizational Development by clicking on the "Apply Now" tab above before 27 August, 2020.
The position title and reference number PD/BecA/2020 should be clearly marked on the subject line of the online application.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working for ILRI.
Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training).
ILRI also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
Qualified women applicants are encouraged to apply
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.