IFRC Senior Officer - Malaria Technical Advisor – ITN Campaign Efficiency Jobs in Kenya
IFRC Senior Officer - Malaria Technical Advisor – ITN Campaign Efficiency Jobs in Kenya
Job DescriptionTo act as the focal point within the IFRC malaria team for the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) project on insecticide-treated net (ITN) campaign efficiency.
• To develop, implement and oversee a monitoring, evaluation and reporting framework for the BMGF project and ensure its implementation and management through a cloud-based system to allow all partners to assess progress against targets.
• To support achievement and monitor progress against targets for all seven workstreams within the BGF project.
• To support collection and compilation of data and results of evaluations specific to the BMGF project in order to develop updated operational guidance and ensure consensus across malaria partners.
• Ensure the operational support for technical assistance to countries and partners that allows field-based testing of improved practices and collection of lessons learned as supported under the BMGF investment.
• To ensure correct and timely reporting on all project activities and support rapid decision-making for course corrections to achieve project objectives.
Enable IFRC to be a global leading player in the Community Health sector
• Contribute to and support the work of IFRC at relevant international fora, in publications, conferences and meetings and ensure that key issues and challenges as informed by BMGF-supported efforts are well presented towards positioning of RCRC as a global leader for reaching the most marginalized and at-risk populations with malaria interventions
• Identify and facilitate opportunities for strategic cooperation between IFRC and BMGF to support global, national and community-level malaria efforts
• Contribute to and support malaria activities towards the achievement of the health-related Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), the WHO Global Technical Strategy Targets (including High Burden to High Impact) and other relevant global malaria targets
• Work closely with other members of the Community Health Team and with other teams within the Secretariat to ensure appropriate visibility, resource mobilization and public awareness of the work of IFRC/RCRC
• Ensure compliance and accountability on the BMGF grant
• Support coordination, roll out, monitoring and evaluation of project activities, participate in periodic and final project review meetings and ensure that projects are implemented according to the approved proposal, budget, and timeline
Support National Societies in order to improve performance in Community Health
• Provide support both remotely and through in-country missions as requested from National Societies, including for planning and deployment of health interventions using a campaign platform to work towards effectiveness and efficiency in project design, proposal development, project implementation, monitoring and evaluation and narrative reporting
• Ensure that information about the project, the workstreams and the expected deliverables is available to IFRC staff and National Societies to facilitate transfer of updated tools and guidance where useful to the RCRC
Management of BMGF grant
• Ensure that all partners and stakeholders to the BMGF project (e.g. IFRC, AMP Core Group, BMGF, etc.) have access to the project workspace and receive regular status updates
• Monitor progress of and provide quality control for all data management and evaluation activities conducted under the investment grant per project tracker
• Identify specific deliverables that require support from additional consultants; draft terms of reference and support timely contracting through the AMP Coordinator
• Prepare monthly progress reports related to the overall project for IFRC, the AMP Core Group and BMGF
• Support organization and implementation of TA provider training sessions to build skills and capacity around the seven workstreams under the project
• Undertake other duties as instructed by the AMP Operations Manager, Senior Technical Lead to support departmental and project objectives
Ensuring timely deliverables for the BMGF project workstreams
The Senior Officer, Malaria Technical Advisor – ITN Campaign Efficiency will support and oversee achievement of high-quality deliverables across seven workstreams:
Household registration and quality control for improving efficiency
Determining cost-effective means for post-distribution assessments of coverage and use
Analysis of options to guide investment in digital tools used for ITN delivery
Development and validation of revised global operational recommendations for multi-product ITN campaigns based on expanded country experience
Develop operational guidance for countries for sustained ITN access
and use based on WHO or other microstratification data
AMP COVID-19/Malaria activities
Specific tasks related to support for achievement of deliverables across workstreams may include:
• Consolidating information quantitative reviews and producing operational guidance to support country adaptation and adoption
• Identifying technical support resources to ensure timely achievement of deliverables for all workstreams
• Overseeing the creation of an online repository that can be accessed by NMCP and partners
• Developing new approaches, tools and materials based on data review and testing them to ensure iterative learning and updates to guidance
• Coordinating and facilitating partner information inputs to IFRC efforts across the workstreams
• Overseeing and contributing to the drafting of operational recommendations and case studies
• Coordinating with different partners and consortiums, including but not limited to the New Nets Project, to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of resources and finances
• Supporting continued improvements to the ITN tracker through inclusion of additional information
• Collaborating with and/or overseeing work related to the New Nets Project, Global Fund activities and RBM for deployment of technical assistance
Contribute to delivering quality operations
• Under the direction of the AMP Operations Manager, Senior Technical Lead ensure that tools, guidelines and projects in the team are based on evidence, reflect applicable international standards and follow a resilience-based health approach.
• Ensure delivery of high-quality activities against agreed operational plans and identify potential risks for mitigation
• As needed, represent the IFRC in malaria vector control fora
• Develop and implement global strategies and tools for malaria prevention with ITNs and contribute to global vector control policy development and operationalization
Duties and Responsibilities continue in the Comments section
• Advanced university degree (master's or equivalent) in health or equivalent professional experience
• Relevant post graduate degree in project management, public health
• At least 5 years’ working experience in the humanitarian or development sector, with a focus on health
• Demonstrated professional credibility in the sector and experience working in an international or cross-cultural environment
• At least 2 years’ experience with management of projects, including project start up, monitoring and reporting
• At least 3 years’ experience with ITN distribution (campaign and/or continuous)
• Experience in a multicultural environment, with developing countries and/or with an international organisation
• Experience working in a RC/RC National Society and/or Federation/ICRC
• Knowledge of addressing Community Health / public health and experience in practically applying this knowledge into policy, programmes and positioning, preferably in complex settings / emergencies
• Programme and project management
• Results oriented and demand driven individual, entrepreneurial, ability to lead in unprecedented and/or ambiguous situations
• Demonstrated leadership and management skills, including the ability to lead within a matrix management structure and utilise talent and experience of team members in a productive way – people management and development
• Outstanding networking, representational, communication and negotiation skills. An ability to be proactive and persuasive – diplomacy
• Demonstrated track record in innovating, contributing to a learning culture, sharing knowledge and developing new approaches to engaging partners – capacity building
• Professional credibility, able to work effectively at all levels across the organisation
• Proven good judgment and ability to work with complete integrity and confidentiality
• High degree of discretion, tact and sensitivity in dealing with internal and external clients and stakeholders at all levels.
• Ability to work within a multi-cultural, multilingual, multidisciplinary environment.
• Fluently spoken and written English
• Good command of another malaria-endemic country language (French, Portuguese, Spanish or Arabic
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; IFRC Senior Officer - Malaria Technical Advisor – ITN Campaign Efficiency Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.