IDRC Nurse Jobs in Uganda
IDRC Nurse Jobs in Uganda
The Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC) seeks to hire a suitable candidate for the position of Nurse for the SEARCH SAPPHIRE study to be based in South Western Uganda.
The Successful candidate will report to the Clinical Officer.
• Charged with triage at the study clinic.
• Ensure participants are seen on time and the clinic opens Mon-Sun 8am-5pm, when on
• Participate in recruitment of participants for the SEARCH SAPPHIRE study.
• Participate in screening of study participants and obtain informed consent from study
participants or their parents/guardians.
• Participate in entering laboratory results into case record forms and filing of the result
• Ensure that blood and other samples are collected as per study schedule and disbursed
to the testing laboratories.
• Maintain confidentiality of study records and research findings as appropriate.
• Compile and submit periodic and interim reports to the coordinators.
• Responsible for ensuring that study data are collected, case report forms are completed
and backing up data regularly.
• Charged with clinical evaluation of study participants who may have complaints of possible Adverse Events and to adjudicate whether their symptoms and physical exams meet the criteria for adverse events.
• Compliment efforts of the other clinical officers already at
the health centre.
• Ensure study participant details are captured in appropriate MOH registers as per national
Qualifications and other desirables for the job:
• A Diploma in Nursing from a recognized institution;
• Must have at least 2 years progressive working experience in a clinical setting that supports community outreach activities.
• Must be registered with the Uganda Nurses and Midwives Council with a valid practicing
• Previous training in HIV/ART management especially community-based PrEP delivery is
an added advantage.
• GCP and PHRP certification.
• Ability to work in a rural setting when required.
• Must have up to date GCP/HSP training certificates.
• Excellent knowledge (both oral and written) of Runyankole fluency and or language spoken in South-Western Uganda.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; IDRC Nurse Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda.Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.