ICRC ICT Manager Jobs in Kenya
ICRC ICT Manager Jobs in Kenya
About the Job The Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Manager independently manages ICT infrastructure, services and ICT staff within Somalia Delegation.
Under the supervision of ICT Coordinator, s/he leads ICT activities and services in line with the Global ICT Strategy.
S/he contribute to ensure the quality of the ICT support in the designated delegation, providing the required guidance and support to the delegation’s management team regarding the use of technologies, while taking appropriate measures to guarantee an accurate functioning of the ICT set-up, along with the respect of ICT policies and procedures.
This is a national/resident position based in Nairobi with the possible travel to Somalia.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Organizes and manages the ICT support related activities in Somalia, under the supervision of ICT Coordinator
• Follows-up the ICT projects and other services in co-ordination with the ICT Coordinator
• In liaison with ICT Coordinator participates in planning and budget implementation
• Reports regularly or upon request to his superiors on the department’s activities, state of projects and issues arising
• Ensures the ICT related information flow inside the department, to/from his superiors, to/from other departments, offices and delegations
• Organizes and supervises the information technology, radio communication, telecommunication and satellite equipment support service team for provision of high level of service
• Maintains contact with authorities for application of licenses and frequencies
• Keeps the telecom and computer networks in its optimum performance, these includes mailboxes, radio-room, mobile installations, Windows Servers and specific set-up
• Supervises all technical aspects of the normal operation of the radio room/s in Somalia
• Monitors ICT stock levels (spare parts, ICT consumable and equipment) and ensures that the ICT Equipment and tools are properly managed; reports immediately in case of lost, stolen or broken equipment
• Verifies that ICT specific set-ups are properly documented
• Manages the operational support by coordinating the ICT Specialists field interventions
• Ensures that the staff members reach the appropriate level of knowledge by designing and organizing relevant trainings
Ensures that the structure is ready to offer technical support services. These includes equipment maintenance at on-site interventions
• Oversees the ICT tender process, monitors the ICT equipment purchase orders process and manages ICT suppliers’ contracts
• Makes all related information available in the local database and filing system
• Supervises the Performance Management & Development (PMD) activities for employees under his/her supervision.
Minimum qualifications and required competencies
Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunications, Computer Science or equivalent qualification in related field of study
5 years’ overall professional experience in ICT field
ITIL Foundation level certificate
Strong negotiation and communication skills,
High organizational and analytical skills
Able to work efficiently under pressure with minimum supervision
Independent with sense of responsibility and initiative
Strong team leadership skills and supervision experience
Excellent command of written and spoken English
• A challenging job opportunity within a dynamic work environment in an international humanitarian organization
• Training and development opportunities
• A competitive salary with benefits, based on the ICRC Compensation and Benefits framework
How to apply
Apply by sending your cover letter and CV addressed to the Human Resources Manager, ICRC Somalia Delegation, on the email address
firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter must indicate your current salary and expected salary range. The closing date is 1st February 2021. Clearly indicate the position title ICT Manager in the subject line of your email.
Email Address: email@example.com
NOTE THAT ONLY EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Any enquiries about the position should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.