ICIPE Head of Finance Jobs in Kenya
ICIPE Head of Finance Jobs in Kenya
icipe is a pan-African and non-profit Centre of Excellence for research and development and capacity building in insect science and its applications.
Its mission is to help alleviate poverty, ensure food and nutritional security and improve the overall health status of peoples of the tropics by developing and extending management tools and strategies for harmful and useful arthropods, while preserving the natural resource base through research and capacity building.
Since its establishment in 1970, icipe has become a significant contributor to science and innovation required to meet the health and food security challenges of sub-Saharan Africa.
The Centre has achieved this status by developing alternative and environmentally friendly pest and vector management technologies and products that are effective, selective, non-polluting, non-resistance inducing, and are affordable to resource-limited rural and urban communities.
icipe is headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya with offices in Ethiopia and Uganda, a major station on the shores of Lake Victoria, and several other field stations in Kenya.
Employing close to 500 international and national staff, icipe also has approximately 150 graduate students who contribute to its research portfolio annually.
The Centre currently has operations in more than 40 African countries, and thriving partnerships with universities and research organizations across the world
Overall Purpose of the Job
The Head of Finance (HoF) will have primary responsibility for the day-to-day management of all aspects of finance management at the Centre encompassing – financial accounting, internal controls over financial transactions, record-keeping, compliances, planning, budgeting and financial reporting.
The HoF will lead a team of financial professionals in support of planning, monitoring and decision making processes to achieve best value in utilizing resources and providing quality financial information, financial analysis, training and professional advice.
The Successful Candidate will be Expected to:
• Ensure that all financial transactions of the Centre are recorded, and that the supporting original
documentation is accessible. Provide overall supervision of the processes of recording, classifying,
and summarizing of financial transactions. Provide necessary approvals for transactions and
processes within set policies and procedures.
• Determine cost structures and the cost of various services in support of full cost recovery. Review
and approve accounting integrating factors that ensure the integrity of accounting records and the
accounts prepared therefrom. These include – income determination, staff time allocations, bank
reconciliations, schedule of receivables and payables, exchange rate computations, schedule of
sub-grant balances, inter-unit transactions, current account balances, adjusting journal entries and
completeness of overheads recovery.
• Supervise staff and ensure that systems of internal controls are in operation to safeguard financial
assets of the Centre and ensure that records are accurate and in accordance with laid out policies
• Oversee preparation of periodic
donor financial reports and other accountability financial statements
in line with agreements and set policies. Provide timely and accurate analysis of the results through
budget variances, financial trends and identify potential problem areas. Prepare presentations of the
Centre’s financial position for Senior Management and Project Leaders.
• Ensure compliance with all applicable financial regulatory laws and rules for financial reporting and
requisite filing of financial information in all jurisdictions where the Centre operates. Approve and
sign off donor financial reports. Coordinate activities of auditors for the Centre and project audits
and ensure that compliance issues are met.
• Oversee the preparation of Centre’s annual budget and medium-term financial projections. Manage
the continuous generation of project budgets in support of project proposals. Ensure optimal costing
of project budgets in line with the full cost recovery framework.
• Provide support to other business support units in financial related matters. Provide support to
enhance financial performance through the continuous development and improvement of supporting
financial and management information systems for the Centre, ERP systems, project costing,
mapping of accounts codes and analysis codes.
• Establish, develop and maintain strong relationships with project managers, identify their financial
needs and deliver enhanced business solutions.
• Represent the Centre externally to government agencies and funding agencies. Serve on tender,
planning and policy-making committees. Recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate Finance Unit staff.
▪ A Degree in Finance or Accounting, and professional accounting qualification – CPA, ACCA, CA.
▪ Ten years of relevant experience with evidence of evolution, transformation and accumulation of
responsibilities in senior-level finance and accounting, some of which has been gained in non-profit environment.
▪ Strong people skills and ability to manage and motivate teams to produce desired results.
▪ Problem solving skills and the ability to provide advice based on accurate financial analyses with
strong interest in making positive change.
▪ Dependable with a keen sense of timeliness and orientation for results. Ability to work within tight
timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects/tasks.
▪ Excellent written and verbal communication in a cross-cultural setting.
▪ Working experience with ERP and skills in MS Excel.
This position reports to the Director of Finance and Administration
For more information and job application details, see; ICIPE Head of Finance Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Best Africa Jobs.