ICIPE Communications Officer Jobs in Kenya
ICIPE Communications Officer Jobs in Kenya
icipe is a pan-African and non-profit Centre of Excellence for research and development and capacity building in insect science and its applications. Its mission is to help alleviate poverty, ensure food and nutritional security and improve the overall health status of peoples of the tropics by developing and extending management tools and strategies for harmful and useful arthropods, while preserving the natural resource
base through research and capacity building.
Since its establishment in 1970, icipe has become a significant contributor to science and innovation required to meet the health and food security challenges of subSaharan Africa. The Centre has achieved this status by developing alternative and environmentally friendly pest and vector management technologies and products that are effective, selective, non-polluting, nonresistance inducing, and are affordable to resource-limited rural and urban communities.
icipe is headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya with offices in Ethiopia and Uganda, a major station on the shores of Lake Victoria, and several other field stations in Kenya. Employing close to 500 international and national staff, icipe also has approximately 150 graduate students who contribute to its research portfolio annually.
The Centre currently has operations in more than 40 African countries, and thriving partnerships with universities and research organizations across the world. (www.icipe.org)
icipe seeks to recruit Communications Officer. The position is tenable in Nairobi at the icipe Duduville campus. This is two-year contract, renewable subject to continued project needs, funding for the position, and performance of the staff member.
This is a nationally recruited position. A competitive compensation package will be offered to the right candidate. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Overall purpose of the job
The position holder will be responsible for compiling icipe publications; institutional reporting, including donor reporting; maintenance of the icipe website; and preparation of monthly, biannual and annual internal documents.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
▪ Adhere to the icipe regulations on approval and confidentiality for documents to be used internally and externally.
▪ Contribute to the timely dissemination of information internally and externally by ensuring editorial timelines are adhered to.
▪ Contribute to the development of compelling communication products by ensuring proper flow of
design, photography, and editorial aspects.
▪ Edit publications such as newsletters, brochures, fliers and reports and content for icipe’s social media pages.
▪ Ensure adherence of the Centre’s set standards
of editorial quality, content accuracy, messaging,
and house style.
▪ Respond to queries on icipe publications.
▪ Write and edit video scripts.
▪ Manage the icipe website.
▪ Update the lists and links to icipe publications online.
▪ Manage the icipe social media accounts.
▪ Prepare corporate programmes, nametags, posters, certificates, business cards and merchandise.
▪ Follow up external editorial service providers.
▪ Compile information for the weekly and monthly bulletins.
▪ Compiling regular lists of icipe publications (monthly, biannual and annual)
▪ Help projects to get media coverage for events
▪ Publish icipe aid data on IATI, which is an open aid platform
▪ Edit job adverts for the icipe website
▪ Work with the ICT unit to develop a modern Intranet platform to simplify and enhance communication within the Centre.
▪ Work with contributors (e.g. unit heads, scholars) to gather content for the Intranet. This will include contacting contributors to find out if material on the Intranet needs to be updated and encourage contributors to supply new content for the site.
▪ Collaborate with the Centre's graphic artist to determine the best way to present information.
▪ Ensure quality and accuracy of content on the Intranet.
▪ Bachelor of Science in Information Sciences or related field.
▪ At least 3 years’ experience in manuscript editing and proofreading.
▪ Experience in media coverage, writing, editing, and publishing scientific and technical materials.
▪ Experience in academic publishing.
▪ Evidence of progressive responsibility in language/science editing.
▪ Experience managing computer-based systems, including databases and intranet.
▪ Attention to detail and excellent organisational skills.
▪ Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
▪ Ability to interact confidently but flexibly and courteously with scholarly authors and reviewers.
▪ Ability to handle confidential matters.
▪ Ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; ICIPE Communications Officer Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Best Africa Jobs.