ICI Project Director Jobs Ghana
ICI Project Director Jobs GhanaThe international cocoa initiative (ICI) promotes child protection in cocoa-growing communities and works to ensure a better future for children and their families.
ICI is recruiting a Project Director to lead the implementation of a project on Engaging Cocoa Cooperatives to Combat Child Labor, funded by the US Department of Labour (USDoL)’s Bureau of International Labor Affairs (ILAB).
A total of 4 Million USD will fund the successful project over a period of 4.5 years. Under the supervision of the Country Director, the Project Director leads the project team to design, implement and report on activities aiming at meeting the project Outcomes:
Improved accountability of cocoa cooperatives to monitor child labor in the cocoa supply chain.
Strengthened capacity of enforcement agencies to enforce child labor laws within cooperatives.
Strengthened capacity of cocoa cooperatives to monitor child labor.
Increased support to vulnerable cocoa households within cocoa cooperatives.
Strengthened capacity of cocoa cooperatives to provide sustainable assistance and support to prevent child labor.
Increased access to social protection and child labor remediation programs.
Please note that the position is subject to ICI’s successful grant delivery from USDOL ILAB.
• Minimum of five years of experience in project management, supervision, administration, and implementation of cooperative agreement and/or contract requirements (including meeting deadlines, achieving targets, budgeting, and overseeing the preparation and submission of required reports), preferably in Ghana.
• Minimum three years of experience working in the area of child labor in supply chains, including on implementation of traceability systems.
• Experience working on challenges in the cocoa industry preferred.
• Ability to maintain working relationships with all project stakeholders, including public, private, and civil society partners and effectively build partnerships between them.
• Fluency in English required.
• Proficiency in a local language preferred.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; ICI Project Director Jobs Ghana
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.