Hyatt Regency Addis Ababa Income Auditor Jobs in Ethiopia
Hyatt Regency Addis Ababa Income Auditor Jobs in EthiopiaJob Id
: Accounting and Finance, Customer Service, Hotel and Hospitality Location
: Addis Ababa Career Level
: Mid Level ( 2+ - 5 years experience) Employment Type
: Full time Salary
: As per the company scaleJob DescriptionMain Duties
1. Ensure that all documents received are processed in a timely manner, along with review of the Daily Cashiers Report on a daily basis.
2. Ensure that all documents are reconciled with the Daily Cashiers Report, any open item is highlighted to the Rooms Director or F&B Director of the respective hotel with a copy to the Chief Accountant and Financial Controller.
3. Co-ordinate with the Rooms & F&B Department of the Hotel to ensure that all queries are resolved in a timely manner.
4. Ensure all revenues are posted in accordance with the comments on the customer Purchase Request or guarantee letter, any discrepancy or deviation needs to be highlighted, query raised and resolved within a timely manner, reported as well to the accounts receivables team.
5. Assist in ensuring that a structured process of filing document is designed to ensure prompt retrieval and processing of documents.
6. Based on the designed Documentation Management System maintain all documentation in comprehensive and meticulous filing system on a daily basis; soft copy as well as hard copy.
7. Maintain cordial relations with all “customers”, both internal and external; however ensures that all the agreed procedures and terms are adhered.
8. Ensure that the guidelines prescribed in the Rooms, F&B Operations and finance Manual are adhered to refer to local laws and MOR. In case of any exception or deviation, all action need to be taken based on approval of the Financial Controller; but be proactive in identifying any improvements which may be desirable. If any changes are desired, refer these to the Chief Accountant for consideration, and if she/he agrees, request changes to the Financial Controller.
9. Audit the activities of the operational departments.
10. Support the preparation of financial information for daily and monthly reports related to sales example the Daily revenue report, daily covers report, discounts and void reports, adjustment and rebate reports, foreign currency daily summary and month reports etc.
11. Preparation of financial information on daily sales report.
12. Audit sales transactions and make authorized adjustments.
13. Maintain records of sales transactions and test their accuracy and its authorization.
14. Support the accuracy of rates for the purpose of potential revenue control.
15. Carry out spot checks in all outlets & operational departments especially for cash transaction and monthly all cashiers floats must be counted 100% without exception.
16. Spot-check non-occupied rooms or vacant dirty rooms twice a month at least.
17. Verify registration Card, room sales to night earning report and prepare discrepancies report.
18. Verify and balance all night audit work example credit card, cash, city ledger.
19. Maintains over / short report and submits to chief accountant and financial controller
weekly where reporting to the concerned department for settlement of shortages on a daily basis in coordination with the general cashier.
20. Responsible for filling daily, all of night audits work after verification.
21. Responsible for all journal postings into income journal.
22. Responsible to total, balance and close-out income journal at the end of each month.
23. Prepare all necessary journal vouchers for end of month.
24. Audit and complete General Cashier's summary and provide to the general cashier to create cash journals and insure that on a daily basis the journals are posted by the chief accountant.
25. Complete income journal check list daily and weekly submit each to chief accountant verifying and Financial Controller approval.
26. Responsible for maintaining accurate operating statistics.
27. Submit all rebates, house charges, paid-out for chief accountant verification and financial Controller's approval.
28. Maintain a log book and record all discrepancies to be brought to the attention of the Financial Controller for follow-up.
29. Prepare the daily revenue reconciliation.
30. Prepare the daily output Z report reconciliation.
31. Prepare the daily & month end Output VAT reconciliation and coordinate with Accounts Payables to declare. Operational
1. To provide a courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service at all times, following Hyatt International Standards of Performance and Objectives.
2. To have a full working knowledge and capability to supervise, correct and demonstrate all duties and tasks required for the position.
3. To be entirely flexible and seek job rotation within the departments as assigned.
4. To be fully conversant with all services and facilities offered by the hotel.
5. To accurately and promptly distribute all in-coming mails, memos and internal correspondence as required.
6. To set up a systematic and efficient filling system, both for hard files as well as all electronic data, that enables quick retrieval. Ensure all files are kept up to date at all times.
7. To be proficient with all computer software used in the Finance Division.
8. To courteously and assertively handle all in-coming telephone calls or enquiries.
9. To ensure that the Place of Work is kept clean and organized at all times.
10. To set up an efficient network of communication within the department and with other departments.
11. Understand and audit the operating procedures of all revenue generating departments and outlets.
12. Keep chief accountant & financial controller informed about sales & revenue status.
13. Prepare month end reports as per corporate standard and local laws need.
14. Follow ERCA & other finance related law of the country while executing daily tasks
15. Meet 100% on MOR Job Requirements Certificate or qualification in Finance and/or Accounting /· 2-4 years work experience as income Auditor in a hotel or similar large organisation or accounting firm desirable
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants are requested to apply only through ethiojobs.com
Upload updated CV and application letter.
Only shot listed applicants will be contacted
Hyatt Regency Addis Ababa Income Auditor Jobs in Ethiopia