Hunger Fighters Uganda Head of Monitoring & Evaluation Jobs
Hunger Fighters Uganda Head of Monitoring & Evaluation Jobs
Duties and Responsibilities
Head of Monitoring and Evaluation will have the following duties and responsibilities:
• Develop and strengthen monitoring, inspection and evaluation procedures
• Monitor all project activities, expenditures and progress towards achieving the project
• Recommend further improvement of the logical frame work;
• Develop monitoring and impact indicator for the project success;
• Monitor and evaluate overall progress on achievement of results;
• Monitor the sustainability of the project’s results;
• Provide feedback to the Head of Programs and Top Management on project strategies
• Suggest strategies to the Project Management for improving the efficiency and
effectiveness of the project by identifying bottlenecks in completing project activities
and developing plans to minimize or eliminate such bottlenecks;
• Report monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual progress on all project activities to the Executive Director/Project Management Team at all levels.
• Conduct capacity assessment on existing monitoring and evaluation system, Develop
indicators and a monitoring strategy for the GFA project;
• Provide inputs, information and statistics for quarterly, annual and other reports to Project Management Team.
• Participate in annual project reviews and planning workshops and assist the Head of
Programs in preparing relevant reports;
• Support monitoring and evaluation of the effects and impact of the project implemented
(GFA) as per the Field Level Agreement signed (FLA);
• Assist in coordinating across the departments and units to ensure effective
implementation of M&E/MIS;
• Assist the project personnel with M&E tools and in supporting them in their use.
• Perform other duties as required;Measurable Outputs and Performance Indicators
• Preparation of monthly MIS reports;
• Assist the Head of Programs in preparing other relevant reports;
• Organize and conduct training on M&E/MIS for project and entire Hunger Fighters
• Assist the Head of Programs in the preparation of reports on the findings and lessons
learned from project innovations;
• Provide input and update information related to project outcome in Hunger Fighters
Uganda and HFU website;
• Assist Head of Programs in preparing monthly and quarterly reports on project progress
based on MIS reports on project activities;
• Prepare Issues Log and Risk Log for the project being implemented;
• Develop an M&E system for the Project and for the Local Government
• Prepare and maintain HFU-GFA project data baseCompetencies:Corporate Competencies:
• Demonstrates integrity by modelling the Hunger Fighters Uganda (HFU) core values and
• Promotes the Hunger Fighters Uganda vision, mission, and strategic goals.
• Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.Functional Competencies:
• Organizes and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking
into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available
resources and multiple reporting relationships.
coordinates and organizes workload while remaining aware of changing Priorities
and competing deadlines
• Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with all Hunger Fighters
Uganda staff and cooperate Partners to facilitate the provision of support on GFA project
activities.Knowledge Management and Learning:
• In-depth knowledge on MIS, M&E and development issues.
• Excellent knowledge of monitoring and the application methodology: Good
understanding of capacity assessment methodologies; excellent ability to identify
significant capacity building opportunities;
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral): Sensitivity to and responsiveness to all partners, Respectful and helpful relations with UN-WFP and Hunger Fighters Uganda
• Ability to lead implementation of new systems and affect staff behavioural/ attitudinal
• Focuses on result for the GFA project implemented.
• Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
• Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills.
• Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure.
• Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
• Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view.
• Solicits feedback from all staff about the impact of his/her own behavior.Required Skills and Experience:Education:
• University Degree preferably in Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Bachelor’s degree in Development Studies, Bachelor’s degree in Statistics and Social Science, Post Graduate Diploma in M&E or related field.Experience:
• At least 3 years of experience minimum in the design and implementation of M&E/MIS in
development projects implemented by national/international NGOs/UN bodies/
• Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production
• Proven ICT skills, especially in the development of MIS software using database software;
• Expertise in analyzing data using statistical software;
• Strong training & facilitation skills.Language Requirements:
• Fluency in written and spoken English.How to Apply:
Applications should be addressed to:
• The Head of Human Resource, Hunger Fighters Uganda, P.O Box, 28175, Kampala located
at Hoima Road, about 200metres Off the Kampala Northern bypass, Next to Africa Oil
Station or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
• Due to the current COVID 19 pandemic all applications should be sent by the above email.
• Deadline for submission is 9th January 2021 at 17:00pm and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.Note:
HFU offers equal opportunities to both women and men. Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!