Humanity & Inclusion Accountant Jobs in Uganda
Humanity & Inclusion Accountant Jobs in Uganda Handicap International Federation (operating under the name Humanity & Inclusion) is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster.
We work alongside disabled and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights. .
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Field Coordinator and in direct coordination with Finance team at coordination office, the accountant will;
Manage the accounts
• Monitor the application of accounting procedures within the field office team
• Monitor compliance with the expenditure commitment procedure and validate the documents (received in their entirety, translation of documents and their probative value)
• Codify and save the accounting documents in the accounting software
• Handle the accounting side of pay (booked and checked)
• Handle the accounting side of the cash flow movements (cash box, bank, reconciliations, etc.) and check the log books and cash box inventories
• Act as the contact person for the West Nile region accountant at coordination/Arua office regarding the management of the sub bases accounts
• Correct and integrate site accounts. Inform the sites of accounting corrections and updates
• Check off, match/clear and justify third party accounts (partners, service and individual advances, loans)
Prepare the work entailed in closing the accounts within the timeframes fixed and in compliance with HI's procedure
• Draw up tax declarations and build in the accounting aspects (e.g.: VAT and exoneration reimbursements)
• Consolidate the West Nile region monthly accounts and prepare the documents for the permanent file
• Organise the dispatch of the monthly accounts to capital office (soft and hard versions) in compliance with the procedure set up
• Update the IT accounting database/excel sheet on a regular basis
• Set up field office accounts in compliance with the country's regulations (if necessary)
• Submit the notes explaining any issues and correct the errors identified by the head office accountant
• Prepare the annual cut off entries, in accordance with HI procedure
• Draw up an inventory of fixed assets with the logistics team and the finance manager.
Ensure the correct management of the cash flow and cash box
• Participate in informing about and applying cash flow management procedures within the field office team
• Archive the cash flow documents
• Set up cash flow management (log books, advances, banks and cash boxes) in compliance with internal procedures and the legal framework
• Validate the monthly cash box inventory, with the cashier (or his/her line manager) and check concordance with the accounts and log books
• Prepare the bank reconciliations between bank accounts, log books and the accounts
• Apply and check the implementation of the expenditure commitment procedure
• Prepare a cash flow overview for the month in progress and M-1 when drawing up a cash flow forecast
• Manage the cashier (fix objectives and carry out the assessment, training and career development, contractual follow up) – if applicable
Respect HI identity, rules and policies
• In coordination with the Human resources manager and the Field coordinator:
• Know, understand, apply and respect HI code of conduct and ethics, HI mandate and values, HI rules and operating procedure, HI policies (child protection policy, policy and mechanism for the prevention of and fight against bribery, the protection of beneficiaries from sexual exploitation and abuse policy) and make sure they are known, understood, applied and respected by its team
• Know, understand, apply and respect HI security rules and make sure they are known, understood and applied by her/his team.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The applicant for the Humanity & Inclusion (Handicap International Federation) Accountant job vacancy must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or related field;
• Must be a qualified accountant with ACCA, CPA , CIMA, or ACA
• A minimum of three years of progressive work experience in donor funded projects
• A strong accounting experience, and experience in dealing with complex budgets, is an added advantage
• Keeping the accounts and Period-end closing operations
• Knowledge of labour and Tax laws
• Practical experience in using computerized financial accounting packages and Excel Spread Sheets
• Management of cash flow and funds storage, management of cash boxes
• Knowledge of the expenditure commitment procedure
• Financial filing and archives
• Excellent communication, organizational and reporting skills.
• Team player, trustworthy and responsible.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• High integrity, self-driven and able to set own work schedule with rigorous deadlines;
• Ability to initiate and complete assignments and to work under demanding circumstances with minimal supervision
• Starting Date: As soon as possible
• Length of contract: 5 months
• Basic Salary: Based on the level of experience
• Humanity and Inclusion is an Equal Opportunity Employer, we encourage females and persons with disabilities to apply to become a part of our organization.
• HI staff must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the Code of Conduct. In accordance with these values.
• HI operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-fraud, bribery, and corruption.
• HI does not solicit funds in exchange for employment opportunities.
How to Apply
If you feel you meet the requirements, please send an updated CV (3 pages max, including three professional referees current and/or past line managers) with a cover letter as One Document to HR department at
email@example.com indicating the position applied for.
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.