HST Consulting PLC Group Chief Audit Executive Jobs in Ethiopia
HST Consulting PLC Group Chief Audit Executive
Jobs in Ethiopia
Job Id: 205660
Category: Accounting and Finance
Location: Addis Ababa
Career Level: Senior Level (5+ years experience)
Employment Type: Full time
Salary: Negotiable Salary and Benefits package
HST Consulting is looking for experienced, energetic and committed internal audit professional for one of its esteemed corporate client engaged in a diversified business.
The Group Chief Audit Executive (GCAE) is responsible for providing audit leadership to the entire business operation for all companies under the Group by ensuring effective functioning of the group’s corporate governance system.
The governance system which is designed for protection of shareholder long term interest by serving the society with honesty and integrity and in full compliance with the country’s laws and regulations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
1. Ethics. Foster the Ethical climate of the group. Considering the diversity of businesses within the group, Ethics, is the most important common element in dealing with suppliers, clients, employees, tax authorities, and other key stakeholders for the ultimate aim of promoting the interests of share-holders and the society for long term. Hence, the GCAE is the custodian and judge of the proper application of the group’s Ethical guidelines in execution of day to day duties across all businesses.
2. Internal Audit Management. The GCAE shall ensure that the various stakeholders within the group of companies must have confidence that the leadership of the audit function will work to ensure that the interests of the shareholders and all stakeholders are protected. The audit function must maintain a level of independence and objectivity, and the attitude and actions of the GACE should reflect the independence and objectivity of the department. The GACE shall advocate internal audit and its value within the group head office and its subsidiaries; implement risk-based audit plan; manage internal audit resources; foster the professional growth of staff within the department.
3. International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF). The GCAE exemplifies quality and continuous improvement of the internal audit activity. This include: aligning the group internal audit policies with the IPPF; leading audit activities in conformance with the department policies and IPPF.
4. Governance, Risk and Control. The GCAE is expected to apply the governance, risk, and control frameworks in audit activities and to support a culture of fraud risk awareness at all levels of the group businesses.
5. Business Acumen. The GACE understands all business risks of all the companies under the group and related internal control activities; understands the strategic risks to the group’s control environment; governance processes; and continuously monitor and understand the risks of macro and micro economic factors on the group’s industries.
6. Communication. This competence is a key pre-requisite for all managerial positions. In particular, it is an
absolute necessity for the GACE to use effective verbal and written communication skills at a higher level of proficiency.
7. Persuasion and Collaboration. This important inter-personal skill is critical to succeed at C-Suite positions. Hence, the GCAE is expected to collaborate with others to remove organizational barriers; utilize techniques to persuade and reach consensus and to demonstrate effective leadership to achieve desired results.
8. Critical Thinking. The GCAE is expected to select and use tools and techniques to obtain relevant data/information; to select and use research, business intelligence, and problem-solving techniques to analyze and solve complex situations and to assist management in identifying practical solutions to address issues.
9. Internal Audit Delivery. The GCAE is expected to demonstrate solid internal audit experience in all phases of an audit engagement from audit scoping and planning to follow-up of audit findings.
The GCAE perform effective planning to ensure a quality audit engagement; perform effective fieldwork to ensure a quality audit engagement; effectively document and organize audit evidence to support the audit engagement results; identify the root causes of issues in the audit engagement; organize, adapt, and effectively express audit findings and establish a follow-Up process to monitor completion of management actions.
10. Improvement and Innovation. Companies need to continuously improve their operation and customer services and innovate to survive and thrive. This is not an option for all companies operating in tense and competitive environment.
The role of the GCAE in relation to improvement and innovation aspects of the group’s diversified businesses include: support an environment that embraces change across the group; create and support an environment that embraces change within the internal audit activity; pursue personal and professional development goals.Job RequirementsRequired Qualifications
A) The GCAE must meet the above 10 Global Internal Audit Competencies designed by the Institute of Internal Auditors but customized to the corporate client requirement at the level of an Expert.
B) Professional accounting qualifications such as ACCA, ACA, CPA and focused Professional qualification in internal audit is mandatory. Additional educational qualification such as MBA or MSc from reputable university is an advantage.
C) The applicants must have at least 10 years mandatory leadership experience in internal audit in business organizations. At least 4 to 5 years additional external audit experience at reputable audit firm is an advantage.How to Apply
We only encourage applicants who fulfill the above qualification to send their application and relevant documents by e-mail directly to HST Executive and Professional Recruitment Specialist: firstname.lastname@example.org or submit their application in person to the Human Resources Office at Wollo Sefer, Mina Building, 5th Floor until 10th of May 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for next stage of evaluation. HST Consulting PLC Group Chief Audit Executive
Jobs in Ethiopia