Hivos Program Manager ‘We Lead’ Jobs in Kenya
Hivos Program Manager ‘We Lead’ Jobs in Kenya
Job ContextThe program manager leads and guides We Lead strategically and operationally.
She/he/they is responsible for the delivery and quality of the program results, for sound financial management, human resources and accountable to uphold We Lead values and principles. In brief, she/he/they leads the development and implementation of comprehensive program management process at strategic and operational levels.
The PM is the account manager for the donor and other key stakeholders and represents the program on all levels with regard to the results in policy, advocacy, expertise & learning, both internally and externally.
The PM reports to the Steering Committee composed of the directors or their representatives of the consortium partners and is managed by the Regional Director of Hivos East Africa. .
• Leadership and management of consortium partnership
• Provides strategic and inspirational guidance, and promotes teamwork across the consortium towards fulfilment of the We Lead Theory of Change (ToC).
• Upholds We Lead values, including on local ownership and youth leadership, and reflects these into the way of working of the consortium.
• Leadership and management of Hivos’ team
• Leads, motivates, trains, appraises, supports and guides staff. Enables effective teamwork towards agreed objectives.
• Management of donor contract relationship
• Responsible for We Lead operational and strategic relationship and contract management with the donor, including compliance with contractual agreements.
• Program planning & delivery of results
• Guides and oversees timely, effective program planning, in which local rightsholder organizations and consortium members actively participate.
• Oversees and ensures compliance of Hivos, consortium members and local organizations with agreements made, and promotes dynamic accountability.
• Ensures transparent and accessible reporting against results framework and planning, including financial and progress reports and evaluations.
• Program knowledge, learning and quality improvement
• Maintains and updates learning across the program and the partnership, stimulates internal and external knowledge exchange and integrates learning into practice.
• International level SRH-R advocacy and campaigning
• Provides leadership in and ensures visibility of the SRH-R agenda of rightsholders.
• Is the ambassador of the program; applies account and partner management with donors and stakeholders; promotes We Leads and / or Hivos’ SRH-R agenda in professional forums by sharing and profiling practice-based results and experiences and sets the quality standard either personally or by delegating this to program
staff, and proposes and delivers sustainable solutions.
• Leads the efforts to identify and mobilize potential donors and funding mechanisms to grow and amplify the scope and results of the program.
• 10 – 12 years’ knowledge/experience in management of large, complex global programs and consortia with global, regional and local partners, preferably on SRH-R and/or working with rights holder-groups plus relationship management with donors.
• She/he/they believes in / embodies what We Lead stands for, acknowledges youth leadership and local ownership, and is inspired by and willing to be accountable to its values and principles;
• More than 5 years of relevant international work experience in Africa and/or the Middle East and/or Latin America;
• Professional expertise and up to date knowledge on SRH-R, social inclusion, marginalization, youth leadership, and lobby and advocacy;
• Experience in applying an adaptive management approach;
• Proven leadership skills, based on inspiration, trust and influence rather than hierarchy;
• Highly skilled in external relationship management, including with donors, government and the wider governance and accountability field;
• Strategic thinker, able to link operational learning to wider program outcomes;
• Sense of humor, brings good energies and positive vibes, dynamic;
• Imaginative, able to make unorthodox connections to solve challenging problems;
• Master’s degree (or equivalent) in international development, political science, public administration or another relevant field;
• Full professional proficiency in English with demonstrably excellent written and verbal skills; Fluency in written and spoken French/Spanish/Arabic/Portuguese are desirable
• Able and willing to travel regularly.
We particularly welcome applications from women and/or persons that belongs to one of the rights holder groups. We offer a contract based on Hivos East Africa local labor conditions, with a remuneration commensurate with the experience and expertise requested.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Hivos Program Manager ‘We Lead’ Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.