Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International Male Circumcision Program Officer, TPDF program Jobs in Tanzania
Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International Male Circumcision Program Officer, TPDF program Jobs in TanzaniaGeneral Overview: The Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) Program Officer will provide clinical and programmatic field support to the implementation of HJFMRI’s VMMC scale-up activities in the TPDF program.
The purpose of this position is to provide field-based clinical and programmatic support to the Military facilities in the implementation of quality VMMC services provided through static sites, outreach, and campaign services. She/he will ensure VMMC activities implementation conforms to the national guidelines. She/he will also participate in the development of annual work plans and budgets based on the country’s strategies and operation plans.
The VMMC program officer will be part of a clinical team at the HJFMRI TPDF program ensuring the implementation of comprehensive HIV/AIDS services. She/he will directly report to the Care and Treatment Technical Advisor. The VMMC program officer’s position is based in Dar es Salaam with extensive travels to the regions on the mainland Tanzania (up to 70%) where VMMC services are provided. .
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide technical support, mentoring, and supervision in implementing VMMC services and ensuring quality improvement and quality assurance in delivering services.assist in organizing and carrying out training programs for health care workers to deliver VMMC services and the clinical implementation of the VMMC program for HIV prevention.
• Ensure the VMMC services adheres to the WHO, PEPFAR/ HJFMRI and Government of Tanzania protocols, policies and guidelines and are consistent with established best practices
• Contribute to the attainment of all project targets and milestones associated with the implementation of VMMC services.
• Prepare reports, success stories, technical briefs, draft abstracts for presentations, and updates on the ongoing implementation of VMMC services
• Collaborate with TPDF to organize outreach and VMMC campaigns in the regions and ensure the providers adhere to quality and standardized practices.
• Build capacity of health-care providers and ensure they collect, compile, and report quality VMMC data, including the use of data for quality improvement.
• Develop and implement strategies to ensure linkages between VMMC and other facility and community-based HIV services.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor to ensure the sound functioning of the program.
Knowledge and Qualifications:
• A Medical Degree (MD) with at least two years of surgical clinical experience in Tanzania. Assistant Medical Officers with three years’ surgical expertise and experience working in HIV programs may apply.
• Minimum of two years’ experience working in HIV/AIDs programs desired.
• Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform
• Working with local government officials and government health facilities is essential.
• Experience with VMMC as an HIV prevention intervention an added advantage
• Fluency in English and Kiswahili
• Strong supervisory and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team
• Experience with U.S. Government-funded programs is desirable.
• Computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail, Internet)
How to Apply
HJFMRI-T currently focuses specifically on four regions in the Southern Highlands Zone, namely Mbeya, Rukwa, Katavi, and Songwe.
The program also supports TPDF to implement comprehensive HIV prevention care and treatment program in 21 sites throughout the country.
Cover letters and resumes should be sent by mail through post/EMS/DHL/ or any reliable Courier to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, P.O. Box 6396, Mbeya or sent through e-mail to
NOTE: To be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE. “CVs should not include any reference to marital status, birthplace, or tribal or religious affiliations. Any CVs containing this information will not be considered for employment”. Applications that are hand-delivered will not be accepted. The deadline for submitting the application is August 7th, 2020. Those who do not meet the minimum requirements, as detailed in the job description below, will not be
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.