Habitat for Humanity Jobs in Kenya
1. Consultant - Project Administration Support
At Habitat for Humanity International, we believe that everyone deserves a decent and affordable place to call home.
Homeownership allows families to save more, invest in education, live in healthier environments and have more financial stability. Habitat for Humanity partners with families around the world to build the strength, stability and independence they need for a better future. We believe that with a little help, we all have the potential to stand on our own.
Habitat for Humanity International is seeking the services of a Consultant to offer Project Administration Support in Nairobi.
Under the supervision of the Regional Project Manager, the incumbent will offer project administrative support, report on and analyze project activities. In particular, the consultant will be responsible for the following:
• Accompany project staff to meetings and assist with documentation, among them preparing Project documentation in readiness for the meetings as well as documenting meeting deliberations for action and follow up
• Schedule and coordinate meetings between Project staff and external parties, including Financial Service Providers.
Corporate Travel & Event Management
• Execute liaison duties with the Corporate Travel Management Company based in South Africa where needed
• Execute liaison duties with the Corporate Shuttle Service Company where needed
• Assist employees obtain business travel visas where required
• Arrange accommodation for visitors and assist them whenever required.
• Keep abreast with, and communicate to staff, all relevant travel-related communication and advisories, including security, health and weather.
• Plan for, obtain and manage venues, finalize menus, transport arrangements, catering and entertainment, when necessary for functions, conferences, meetings etc. This may also include inviting of guests and delegates, keeping an accurate RSVP and contacts records, marketing, drawing up team rotas, delegate badges, arranging appropriate public liability insurance among others.
• In accordance with HFHI Procurement Policy and HFHI Procurement Procedure, assist in selection of appropriate suppliers and contractors, to promote good procurement practice with due regard to sustainability, ethical purchasing standards and whole life costing
• To arrange production of appropriate tender and contract documentation
• To draft and advise on contractual terms and conditions as appropriate, ensuring approval of such is obtained as per policy.
• To produce and manage the production of tender lists and obtain tenders and quotations in accordance with the Procurement Policy and Procurement Procedure.
• To manage the dispatch of tender documentation and co-ordinate responses to tender enquiries as appropriate To advise on the appraisal and evaluation of bids on the basis of financial and non-financial criteria coordinating and documenting the process to maintain robust and transparent records in accordance with the HFHI
• To have an up-to-date knowledge of related procurement legislation
• Handling the day-to-day accounting activities for specific projects.
• Assist staff in the specific projects obtain appropriate authorization and documentation for all expenditures prior to processing.
• Ensure all bills are paid on a timely basis; resolving all invoice issues with the relevant parties; follow up on invoicing and payment problems with business partners and ensure compliance with contracts.
• Using the Infor SunSystems Financials handle required project data processing.
• Ensure all accounting files are properly organized.
• Assist with maintenance of petty as per policy.
• Review Employee Expense Reports, ensuring compliance to business travel policy.
• To prepare ad hoc reports and reconciliations.
• Assist with year-end audit including providing all necessary documents to the auditors.
• Any other accounting / finance duties as assigned.
Project Documentation and Reporting
• Organize and manage hard and soft files, including posting documents to Basecamp as required
• Prepare project documents including consolidation of monthly country reports, monthly SIFT, and periodic performance reports among others
• Assist new international hires with the procurement of accommodation, transport etc.
• Request payment and ensure that all service providers under own portfolio are paid
• Other tasks as may be assigned by the supervisor and other Directors.Qualifications, Experience, Skills & Abilities
• University Degree in Commerce, Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration
• Professional accounting qualification to Certified Public Accountant Kenya or ACCA
• At least 3 years working experience in a busy accounting environment in a NGO, providing project administration support in areas of office management / events planning, finance, procurement, travel and administration.
• Well-developed oral and written communication skills, ability to provide support in a multi-cultural environment and positively engage different stakeholders.
• Knowledge of Accounting Software preferably Sun Systems.How to apply:
If you feel you meet the requirements of the position, send your application letter indicating quoting your current and expected salary, title of position along with an updated CV and telephone contacts of three professional references to [email protected]
to be received by 18 October, 2016. Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!