GVA Partners Application Developer Lead Jobs in Nigeria
GVA Partners Application Developer Lead Jobs in Nigeria
Job Summary Our organisation services the largest economy in Africa, and is championing the development of Africa’s financial markets. We offer listing and trading services, licensing services, market data solutions, ancillary technology services, and more. It is an open, professional and vibrant company, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world.
The Applications Delivery Lead reports to the Head, Technology Services and is responsible for the development and delivery of The Exchange’s technical application requirements and its associated service delivery. The incumbent will possess a proven track record in designing, building and supporting a word class applications services in a secure manner with sound functionality, high usability and maximum uptime and in line with ITIL principles.
The successful candidate will have a solid technical background and will be very technically ‘on the ball’ with the ability to get ‘hands-on’ where required, but also able to manage a team of applications developers, DBAs, analysts and testers based on robust processes and communicate effectively at senior management levels to explain technical issues. The incumbent will be strategically minded, with ability to identify new/emerging technology options and have robust technical project delivery skills to deliver complex and highly visible technology change projects and would have gained experience ideally across several locations/geographies and within Emerging Markets operations of the Financial Services sector.
This is a high profile opportunity to use your skills in transforming a leading Emerging Markets company and positioning it for growth and leadership within its region using technology as a competitive and business informational tool.
• Drive the formulation of the applications strategy. Lead its execution, working inclose collaboration with both internal and external stakeholders
• Build, retain and motivate a best in class applications delivery team across all themain development disciplines and oversee associated changes
• Ensure the Exchange operates a high availability, robust and high permanent applications services, visible to both internal and external stakeholders
• Establish technical standards that will ensure a highly available and secure technology environment. Ensure adherence to the standards
• Work with external stakeholders to establish appropriate industry wide standards to leverage STP initiatives
• Develop processes to ensure that agreed SLAs are met
• Identify and manage strategic supplier relationships to augment internal and strategic capabilities, whilst ensuring a high level of service delivery
• Provide strong leadership skills, ensuring the highest standards of governance, deliverables, risk and stakeholder management.
• Manage and deliver the applications services in line with global best practices based on SDLC
• Be accountable for the delivery of all applications services (BAU) and outcomes for all applications changes run by the Market Operations and Technology division
• Provide E2E technology integration from clients to brokers, trading, clearing, settlements and clearing, including risk surveillance
• Ensure appropriate technologies to re-engineer the business processes are identified, implemented and maintained
• Generate a comprehensive resource plan for the applications development and delivery unit to identify appropriate resources (internal and external) that will be essential to achieve delivery objectives. Drive the secondment of these resources to ensure timely and quality delivery
• Monitor project/programme timelines, milestones, budget and resource usage to ensure delivery to plan and budget. Pro-actively manage deviations
• Produce monthly executive management applications services report detailing service delivery against benchmark, budgets, quality, deviations from plan and risks for management attention
• Manage and deploy available funds and resources efficiently
• Ensure that all disaster recovery related applications services and associated dependent infrastructures are up to date and will support the business in the unlikely event of an invocation.
• Continually train and coach other team members to become self-sufficient
Desired Competency and Skills Requirement
The Applications Development Lead will be expected to have aptitudes, skills, knowledge and experience on the following areas:
• Hands-on current and deep expertise in at least four technical disciplines (e.g., two programming languages database development and query tools, structured software development methodology, software quality assurance, networks, operating system)
• Business case development
• Ability to develop detailed and succinct functional and technical specification documents
• Ability to interpret technology and market trends as a foundation for technology roadmaps
• Strong hands-on knowledge of large scale software quality assurance process
• Technical Programme and Project Management
• Strong knowledge of information security principles and application
• Strong governance exposure
• Technical Production Support
• Exposure to working in an ITIL compliant environment
• Ability to work with and influence senior executives
• Financial management
• Quality management
• Risk management
• Knowledge management
• Supplier management
• Entrepreneurially minded
• Pro-activeness in addressing any service / quality issues and deviations from plan
• Technology Architecture. Experience within Exchanges/Financial Services sector will be a distinct advantage
• Market data services experience will be a distinct advantage
The incumbent will need to be an effective leader to create effective, informed and highly motivated team(s) focused on delivery. They will need to:
• Set overall direction for the team
• Monitor and maintain team morale
• Ensure the coherence of the service, technical project(s), dependencies and conflicts and develop and maintain the appropriate environment to support all areas involved in the delivery.
• Influence, inspire and lead cross functional project teams
• Be an advocate for the wider adoption of technology both internally and externally
• Lead transformational technology initiatives
The incumbent will be expected to budget for their department and maintain monitoring and management of spend. This will cover the following activities:
• Development of a robust business case for the programme(s) and re-forecast value creation where necessary
• Facilitate a process for ensuring regular tracking and management of costs against budget
• Review of cost anomalies or over-spend upward within the service and line management in a timely fashion
• Negotiate optimum prices with suppliers whilst ensuring sound service levels
• Minimum of 10 years cognate experience
• B.Sc degree in Computer Science, Engineering discipline, Mathematics or Physics will be a distinct advantage
• Solid technical track record in developing and supporting applications within the financial services sector is essential
• Market Data Services experience will be a distinct advantage
• Experience on at least four core technical disciplines (e.g., C#, Java, MS SQL Server, .NET Framework, structured development and QA methodologies, networking, OS, etc.,) at a ‘hands-on’ level is essential
• Experience with managing team of technical experts in a business critical service environment
• Training on ITIL and experience in working in an ITIL based environment will be a distinct advantage
• Technical certifications in software development to a high degree of proficiency
• Experience in leading large technical teams and implementation programmes (>$500K) will be an advantage
• Ability to demonstrate a track record of delivering complex business critical change
• Experience in managing/working with senior stakeholders at CTx/Exec level will be a distinct advantage
• Timely delivery of projects
• Quality of delivered solutions measured by stability, bugs and incidents
• SLAs for incident and problem resolution
• Service availability for Tier 1 service (starting point)
• Budget compliance
• Regular and effective communication of deliverables and key issues, and tracking to stakeholders (monthly executive report)
• Effective conflict resolution
• Build and manage credibility with stakeholders and delivery team
• Develop and build team
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; GVA Partners Application Developer Lead Jobs in Nigeria
Find Latest Jobs in Nigeria Today - Recruitment in Nigeria Job - Nigerian Jobs - in Nigeria - Job Vacancies in Nigeria
Search our career portal & find the latest Nigerian job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Nigeria.
Jobs in Nigeria - banking jobs in Nigeria, IT jobs in Nigeria, accounting jobs in Nigeria, NGO jobsin Nigeria, business administration in Nigeria, ICT jobs in Nigeria, UN jobs in Nigeria, procurement jobs in Nigeria, education jobs in Nigeria, hospital jobs in Nigeria, human resources jobs in Nigeria, engineering jobs in Nigeria, teaching jobs in Nigeria, and other careers in Nigeria.
Oil and Gas job vacancies in Nigeria, MTN jobs in Nigeria, job vacancies in Nigeria for fresh graduates.
Federal government jobs in Nigeria, job vacancies in Nigeria Federal Civil Service.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Nigeria posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.