Guaranty Trust Bank Senior Risk & Compliance Officer Jobs in Kenya
Guaranty Trust Bank Senior Risk & Compliance Officer Jobs in KenyaThe Role Reporting to the Head, Risk and Compliance, the Senior Risk & Compliance Ocer assists in overseeing and implementing the Bank’s Risk Management & Compliance framework
• Oversees the review and implementation of the existing risk management framework;
• Manages risk profile mapping for new products, processes and procedures in compliance with Bank and
• Oversees, develops and implements risk awareness initiatives;
• Conducts Bank wide risk control assessment as well as business impact analysis;
• Oversees compilation of Regulator, Board, Group and Management reports, statistics, trend analysis on
overdue recommendations and risk profiles;
• Organises and monitors Bank wide training on Business Continuity Planning (BCP) and Risk Management;
• Ensures implementation of audit recommendations;
• Assists with and coordinates the development of tools to identify, assess, mitigate and monitor risk across the Bank;
• Provides support in the implementation of the existing risk and compliance management framework and
monitors risks regularly;
• Maintenance and review of the Risk Register;
• Regular transactional monitoring.
• Fosters a culture of compliance in the Bank;
• Assesses and monitors compliance with all department and Bank policies, procedures and regulations;
• Develops and coordinates effective Anti-Money Laundering/combating Financing of Terrorism (AML/CFT)
training program for all sta and ensures proper awareness is created on the provisions of the Proceeds of Crime and Anti-Money Laundering Act 2009 (POCAMLA) and other regulatory provisions/ guidelines;
• Ensures proper sanctions and Politically Exposed Person (PEP) management by the Bank;
• Oversees adherence to Corporate Governance and Ethics for all charters in the Bank;
• Ensures proper reporting of violations or potential violations to relevant enforcement agencies as appropriate or required;
• Organises and monitors Bank wide training on Know Your Customer (KYC);
• Policies, Procedures and Processes review, tracking, updating, and custodianship;
• Ensures that all mandatory reports are duly rendered by the Bank to regulatory bodies & carry out Annual Due Diligence on Corresponding Banking relationship.
Qualifications & Experience
• A Bachelor’s degree in a business related field
• Relevant Professional training/certifications in Risk Management & Compliance
• Professional certification such as CPA, ACCA, CFA or CISA will be an added advantage
• Minimum four (4) years’ experience in Compliance and Risk Management gained from the financial services industry
• Familiarity with industry practices and professional standards
• Knowledge of legal requirements and controls e.g. Anti-Money Laundering
Competencies & Skills
• Critical thinker with in-depth analysis capabilities
• Proactive and solution oriented
• Knowledge of banking operations, products, processes and regulations
• Excellent judgement and fact-based decision making abilities
• Ability to maintain composure under high pressure situations and deliver results in a timely manner
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Extremely thorough with high attention to detail
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Guaranty Trust Bank Senior Risk & Compliance Officer Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.