Guaranty Trust Bank Credit Analyst Jobs in Kenya
Guaranty Trust Bank Credit Analyst Jobs in KenyaThe Role Reporting to the Head, Credit Risk Management, the Credit Analyst is responsible for on-boarding good quality credit facilities to support business growth.
He/She will recommend to the Head, Credit Risk Management, through use of prudent risk assessment skills, decisions relating to all new facilities, reviews, excesses requests, early draw downs, risk grading and pricing matrices for corporate clients upon receipt of credit proposals from the Relationship Officers/Managers.
• On-boarding good quality credit facilities to support business growth;
• Ensuring adherence to the Bank’s credit policy and the CBK prudential guidelines in lending;
• Responsible for timely, error & fraud free review of customer facility requests;
• Ensuring adherence to the SLAs relating to completion and progression of credit applications;
• Ensuring the correct securities are stated in all the credit applications and any gaps on securities are escalated to the Head, Credit Risk Management and the Head of Legal for corrective measures.
• Effective organization and follow up on action points of various Credit Risk Committee meetings;
• Ensuring the unit SOP is up to date and relevant;
• Monitoring conditions of approval of facilities;
• Ensuring proper filing and archiving of all documentation generated from processing transactions within the unit;
• Preparation of IFRS provision reports;
• Receive Credit proposals from Relationship Officers/Managers and make recommendations to the Head of Credit Risk Management;
• Ensure critical risk monitoring for compliance with all statutory requirements and monitor the entire Corporate Portfolio, highlighting specic action points for accounts in excess/over approved limits, and loans in arrears;
• With the help of periodical diaries from the Credit Administration unit, monitor and control pre & post-approval financial and non-financial covenants/conditions and compliance therein;
• Review/ Proof read draft Letters of Offer & Standard Securities, ensuring they incorporate all approval conditions/covenants and security documents as stated therein, before being nal sign o;
• In conjunction with the Credit Administration unit, provide the relevant input information & co-ordinate the updating of the Bank’s Core Banking System for purposes of compiling periodic Corporate Credit Risk Management Reports as per CBK & the Bank’s Credit Risk policies/requirements;
• Review and propose risk rating grades and ensure the pricing mirrors the inherent risks in all corporate proposals;
• Preparation of the deals log and maintenance of a data base of all credit approvals held;
• Filing of all credit approvals with the relevant supporting documents;
• Preparation of letters of oer.
Qualifications & Experience
• A Bachelor’s degree in a business related eld
• Professional accounting/finance accreditation e.g CFA, ACCA or CPA
• 3-5 years’ experience in a credit analysis role within a financial institution
Competencies & Skills
• Ability to critically analyse nancial data
• Knowledge of banking operations, products, processes and regulations
• Excellent judgement and fact-based decision making abilities
• Ability to maintain composure under high pressure situations and deliver results in a timely manner
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Extremely thorough with high attention to detail
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Guaranty Trust Bank Credit Analyst Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.