Guaranty Trust Bank Audit Assistant Jobs in Kenya
Guaranty Trust Bank Audit Assistant Jobs in KenyaThe Role Reporting to the Head, Systems and Control (SYSCON), the Audit Assistant will assist in the audit of Bank systems so as to offer independent assurance to the Board of Directors and Senior Management on the adequacy and effectiveness of Internal Control, Risk Management and Governance Systems and processes
• Carrying out Internal audits as per the approved Audit Plan to ensure compliance with the Bank’s policies and procedures (SOPs), statutory requirements and best practices;
• Conducting Operation Performance Reviews (OPR) on Branches and Support Functions and provide feedback to the concerned units after review by the Head of SYSCON;
• Monthly review of the General Ledgers’ proofs;
• Review customer complaints relating to refund requests giving an independent assessment of the complaint to assist the Management with the nal approval process;
• Service Level Agreements (SLA) reviews for all Bank units/Branches;
• Ad-Hoc assignment such as review of user acceptance tests and investigations and report findings and
recommendations to the Head of SYSCON;
• Follow up and appraise implementation of corrective actions as recommended in the various audits / investigation reports;
• Carry out regular and surprise (spot) inspections of all processes, ensuring that they comply with the Bank’s policy and procedures, statutory requirements and best practices guideline;
• Ensuring adoption of audit best practice from the Industry and Group Internal Audit through review of audit processes and procedure manuals, audit working papers and templates;
• Advisory services to stakeholders on controls on new products and services in the Bank;
• Play an independent assurance role in all strategic Bank projects ensuring that project risks are identified and mitigated;
• With the approval of the Head of SYSCON, liaise with external assurance providers & regulators (CBK) as well as other stakeholders on matters relating to Internal Controls & Audit.
Qualifications & Experience
• A Bachelor’s degree in business with specialization in a numerical/financial discipline
• Professional qualification such as CFA, CPA, ACCA or CISA
• 1 – 2 years’ experience in a similar role within a bank, financial institution or professional services firm
Competencies & Skills
• Knowledge of banking and regulatory operations and regulations
• High computer literacy
• Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision
• Investigation and Probing skills
• Communication skills, including oral communication, report writing, and presentation skills
• Knowledge in auditing, internal audit standards, fraud awareness, and professional ethical standards
• Knowledge in enterprise risk management (i.e., risk analysis and control assessment)
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Guaranty Trust Bank Audit Assistant Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.