GrainPro Regional Manager Jobs in Kenya
GrainPro Regional Manager Jobs in Kenya
Role OverviewThis position reports to the Division Manager of Africa.
The RM will nurture existing and develop new business opportunities within the assigned EA region towards consistently increasing sales as well as forging sustainable and mutually beneficial relationships.
Participate in the overall success of GrainPro Africa through contribution in various activities that increase company awareness in the agriculture sector as well as other related sectors such as but not limited to, financing, insurance, and shipping
Additionally, this role will take charge of GrainPro Africa marketing strategy roll out and implementation, working together with other Africa staff and collating what works, what needs to be improved and what needs to be dropped.
Sales and Marketing
• Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the company, its strategy, and objectives as well as its product offering.
• Good knowledge of the end-to-end agriculture market in EA region (Kenya, Tanzania, Sudan and South Sudan as well as Somalia) and associated trade processes.
• Ability to identify marketing strategies for the different agriculture market players with potential need of company products.
• Existing relationships in the agriculture sector specifically the leading food and food commodity sub-sectors with the highest potential of adopting company products e.g. corn and pulses in all countries within the region as food and coffee as food commodity for Kenya and Tanzania.
• Undertake a thorough SWOT analysis of the regions’ agriculture market as well as strategies for enhancing the strengths and opportunities, converting weaknesses to strengths as well as mitigation measures for the threats.
• Ability to assess the potential of the assigned market leading to near realistic and wellinformed sales targets with feasible supporting rationale.
• Ability to work with each potential customer towards identifying their annual drying, storage and shipping needs which should then inform the sales projections.
• Sales projections have to be met and a rationale provided when they are not met.
• Ability to interact closely with existing and potential customers key decision makers
towards informing their investment decisions and advising on solutions for the agricultural needs in our products.
• Lead re-design of sales and product presentations as per individual customer needs, facilitate contract negotiations and closing.
• Keep the Division Offices updated with relevant information including forecasts and other market updates needed for smooth operational activity
• Ensure the success of projects implemented within the region adhering to GrainPro’s quality delivery standards, leading to incremental sales.
• Recruit and facilitate contracting of distributors in the countries within the region where GrainPro is not represented.
• Liaise with the distributor to come up with a realistic and achievable annual workplan, marketing plan and sales projections. These should be
tracked monthly, reviewed quarterly.
• Quarterly progress reports written jointly with the distributor and submitted together with order quantities for re-stock.
• Ensure distributor assigned key personnel are qualified and well trained to represent GrainPro and continuously updated with product re-design and new introductions.
• Continuously re-evaluate GrainPro representation in the region to ensure effectiveness and efficiency of serving our customers.
• Responsible for the profitability of the region.
• Liaise with GrainPro Africa finance director and division manager to ensure the activities within the region are included in the overall budget.
• Monitor region’s budget utilization against sales delivered monthly and provide rational for deviation as well as savings quarterly.
• Any budget deviations above 10% should be approved by both Division manager and finance director. Overall regional budget divisions above 10% should be approved by the president and CFP notified.
• Accounts Receivable for the region:
• Ensure timely collection of receivables.
• Ensure that receivables will not turn into bad debts.
• Recommend for the application of 15% penalty on past due accounts.
• Coordinate with Division Manager and GPA finance director for Client Credit
• Ensure sufficient stock is available with each distributor to avoid overstock and stock outs.
• For requested stock at GPK warehouse, take responsibility for non-movement and provide a disposition plan for stock over 90 days.
• Compliance to Tax Rules, Reporting Standards and Audit requirements.
• Ensure that sales and expense transactions are properly supported, compliant with regulations and accurately reported.
• Liaise with finance director to ensure audit findings and recommendations are implemented for the Countries covered that have a GrainPro office and warehouse.
• A degree in Commerce sales and marketing or general management.
• Minimum 4+ years’ experience in sales and marketing management or relevant years of experience in sales in the agriculture sector or other relevant sector.
• Experience in project management would be a bonus.
• Proficiency in English is mandatory and good writing and speaking knowledge of Kiswahili would be ideal.
• Strong ethical background and proven business development experience in
related industries are a must.
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to careers@GrainPro.com. Compensation and benefits are competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.