Global Outreach Uganda HR Officer Jobs
Global Outreach Uganda HR Officer Jobs
Are you interested in working with a vibrant Team at Global Outreach Uganda (GOU)? Do you have 3 years HR experience in working with NGOs/INGOs and highly motivated? If yes, Global Outreach Uganda is looking for YOU!
We are looking for one (1) HR Officer to be based at the GOU Office at Jinja.
The HR Officer will be responsible for day-to-day HR administration and for Staff Development and Duty of Care. Shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis.
Selected candidates are expected to start work January 2021!
Duration: 3 years with possibility of extension subject to funding and good performance.
Salary and benefits: According to GOU’s salary scale and terms and conditions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Recruitment and On-boarding
• Initiate and coordinate all the recruitment requests and follow through on hiring procedures in line with the policy.
• Prepare and post all job advertisements for all vacant positions in appropriate channels and ensure wide and appropriate distribution, this includes e-filing of application and sending out HR communications.
• Start and Maintain a recruitment resource database (CVs).
• Maintain an organized recruitment resource database and bi-weekly update the recruitment status report and send it to all managers on a weekly basis.
• Organize interviews and follow through on hiring procedures in line with the GOU policy.
• Liaise with Executive Director and GOU Chairperson to ensure new staff are oriented upon hire in all GOU offices. Includes providing pre-assignment information, orienting employee to the GOU Way in the office.
• Preparing and track offer letters and employment contracts.
• Ensure internal equity is maintained for staff compensation and benefits and advice programs leads accordingly.
• Ensure staff understand their benefits package and lead an effective administration of the benefits.
• Maintain accurate and up to date personnel records of all employees including orderly archiving.
• Ensure the IRC way violations are captured, reported, and followed through on a monthly basis.
• Support the management of GOU’s HR system and ensuring that it is accurate and maintained up to date.
• Support the maintenance of all talent acquisition and management processes and the HR as assigned, to ensure 100% data integrity.
• Act as a point of contact for all Cornerstone enquiries for GOU/CWI.
• Capacity building employees, management in use of Cornerstone and the HR.
• Support Payroll process for GOU/CWI staff, as required.
• Coordinate timely performance appraisals and maintain an updated PME database for all staff in coordination with the other field HR leads.
• Ensure that performance evaluations for
all staff are conducted on time, and review all evaluations to ensure quality and consistency.
• Collate training needs from the PME and ensure that they are captured in the Annual learning and development plan.
Health Insurance Management
• Coordinate the staff health insurance scheme ensuring timely and accurate reports from the service provider.
• Ensure all staff and eligible dependents are registered on the medical insurance scheme, monitor staff medical coverage and ensure that the scheme is functioning well.
• Liaise with the health service provider to resolve any issues with the services.
• Follow up on all medical insurance matters for staff including adding and deleting staff to/from the employer’s liability and the medical and hospitalization insurance policy schemes as well as follow up on payments and claims.
• Process and track all termination paperwork for all staff including preparation of termination notice letters in relation to closing contracts and restructuring.
• Work closely with supervisors to ensure exit interviews are offered to all staff and data is captured in the online exit survey to ensure a learning and reflective culture in the country program.
• Ensure that staff are removed from the Health Insurance schemes accordingly.
• Develop and maintain reports to update and finalize terminal benefits.
• Provide support to executives.
• Manage day-to-day GOU operations and ensure that they are working smoothly and efficiently.
• When travel is required for executives and VIPs in the GOU office, make the travel arrangements by purchasing tickets and coordinating schedules and travel itineraries.
• Support and participate in the renewal of GOU licenses as required by the law.
• Support GOU VIPs in renewal of work permits and other documents as may be provided for by the law.
• Perform other duties as needed or requested by the GOU Chairperson/ Executive Director.
Key personal competencies and essentials for the role.
• Demonstrated strong coordination, teamwork, and planning skills,
• Ability to function effectively with partners, key stakeholders, and other staff.
• Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills.
• A good team player.
• Ability to be mentor
How to Apply
To apply, please send your CV to
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.