Fountain Healthcare Lab Technologist Job in Nairobi, Kenya
Fountain Healthcare Lab Technologist Job in Nairobi, Kenya
Fountain Healthcare (FHC) Ltd is a Group Practice concept bringing together several doctors who have diverse skills and experience under one roof.
It is fully incorporated as a private company; a subsidiary company of F500 Ltd.
FHC now fully owns established comprehensive ambulatory services with outpatient consultations, examinations, daycare surgeries, laboratory investigations, physiotherapy, imaging, and pharmacy.
The company is seeking to recruit capable, innovative and resolute professionals to fill the following position at Fountain Healthcare Ltd Nairobi:Lab Technologist1 PositionGeneral Purpose of the role
: The Laboratory Technologist’s major role is to collect patient’s body fluids and tissues and other specimens for lab tests and analysis.
He/she is also responsible in providing excellent customer service to the clients.Key Responsibilities of the role
1. Helps patients by greeting them in person and by phone; Answering questions and requests.
2. Maintains laboratory inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; Anticipating needed stocks and supplies; Placing and expediting orders; Verifying receipt; Preparing ageing reports as often as possible.
3. Maintains a safe and clean environment by complying with company standard operating procedures & government regulation. He/she cleans the floors and damp dust the shelves.
4. Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
5. Maintains records by recording and filing physicians’ orders and lab requests.
6. Generates revenues by calculating, recording, and issuing charges.
7. Prepares reports by collecting and summarizing information and sending them on time as required in the standard operating procedures.
8. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
9. Conducting marketing activities together with the branch team and ensuring individual and branch sales targets are met or exceeded.
10. Take responsibility of his/her lab by ensuring that all operations of the lab are running smoothly and reporting any anomalies and breakages.
11. Ensure standard operating procedures are followed to the letter and timely feedback given
12. Keep the laboratory and all equipment clean
13. Prepare the laboratory equipment and specimens for tests
14. Perform blood counts and blood tests for transfusion purposes
15. Work with medical laboratory technologists/scientists/pathologists in more complex laboratory tests and procedures.
16. Keep records and files for all tests and procedures done and indicate the payments.
17. Generate daily cash analysis and this should reconcile with actual money collected on a daily basis
18. Every month prepare budget and place local purchase orders for supplies through Hospital Administrator, Executive Division Director and Finance Director and maintain adequate stock levels.
19. Keep inventory of all lab equipment, draw a maintenance and calibration schedule and report immediately any equipment malfunction that needs repair.
20.Keep quality control as per required regulations of laboratory services at County and National Regulatory bodies.
21. Any other duty assigned by the Line manager or senior management staff.Qualifications
1. Diploma in Medical Laboratory
2. Duly registered by Kenya Medical Laboratory technicians and technologist board
3. 1-year experience in a busy hospital setting.Code of conduct required at FHC Employees must always be clean, smart and well-groomed in uniform and name tag when on duty.
Employees must be ready and willing to provide exemplary customer service in accordance to company brand and policies.
Employees must adhere to the working hours as per shifts allocated; any absence from work must be reported in good time.
Employees must keep the clients’ information confidential.
Employees must adhere to the organization’s reporting structure.
Must be a person with a high level of integrity.
Must not have a prior criminal record
All applications should have the following documents:
1. Current CV
2. Certificates and other testimonials
3. National ID
Competencies in: – Good clinical and business acumen, good people management, Resource management skills, Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and focus on task closure and consistent quality service delivery.
Mode of Application
For the detailed job profile and specification, please visit our Website: www.fhc.co.ke
Candidates who meet the criteria outlined in the job description should submit their application (addressed or hand delivered) specifying how they meet the specified criteria and how they will deliver on the specific job responsibilities.
This should be accompanied with their up-to-date CVs, including details of their contacts, current and expected salary, names and contacts of two professional referees plus copies of all certificates/ testimonials and national IDs so as to reach the Human Resource Officer at the address below not later than the close of business on Friday 6th December, 2019.
Foreign degree holders should seek and provide testimonials as to the status of recognition of their degree certificates by the Commission for Higher Education.
Applications without the relevant copies of documentation/details as sought for will not be considered.
FHC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity within the organization and encourages all eligible candidates to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
The Human Resource Officer
Fountain Healthcare Ltd
Nandi Road, Next to the Hindu temple
P.O Box 5819-30100, Eldoret, Kenya
Tel: 053 2060203, 0702 937982, 0774 150677
E-mail: email@example.com, Website: www.fhc.co.ke
Please send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand deliver to Fountain healthcare Ltd, Off Uganda Road next to Lions School on or before Friday 6th December, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!