Food for the Hungry Communication Officer Jobs in Uganda
Food for the Hungry Communication Officer Jobs in Uganda
Job Summary The successful Communication Officer will provide technical support to the Programs and Business Development department in designing Food for the Hungry publications and contributes to the development and improvement of the design, branding and layout and improvement of the design, branding and layout of materials produced by Food for the Hungry.
S/he will ensure that communications products and reports are following Food for the Hungry branding guidelines, provide the best possible functionality and usability to Food for Hungry partners and contribute to the overall branding process, Build Capacity of FH staff in media engagement and communication and Assist FH wide public relations and media risk management.
The position bearer supports different departments and projects across the organization by designing high quality visual content including branding for events, information communication and education (IEC) material, flyers, magazines, newsletters, formal letters and annual reports among others. All these are done in consistency with Food for the Hungry Branding, communication and media engagement guidelines. .
Duties and Responsibilities
Key Result #1 Support FHU portfolio on documentation and visibility efforts 40%
• Support the program team in quality preparation of Country Office Annual report, based on project results.
• Coordinate with different programme managers to strengthen FH brand identity by developing communication products that include digital media, reports, publications, flyers, posters, etc.
• Design and lay-out of reports and other brand IEC products.
• Create concepts and ideas to visually communicate FH brand and goals.
• Support in collecting articles, stories, photos for the production of the FH newsletter and Calendars
• Update FH Uganda fn-connect page, ensuring it is regularly updated with latest materials, information on projects and events.
• Partner with in-house communications team to design concepts for campaigns, events and other special projects that require media engagements
• Engage in internal communications activities for broad exposure of the organization
Key Result #2 Support Key Program Information Management 25%
• Support programs to produce FH portfolio overview (summary of all grants with key results of the grants) and circulate on a quarterly basis,
• Review specific project and FH Uganda annual reports before Management approval. Support Programs maintain FH geographic portfolio mapping that captures the geographic presence of each project.
• Support program documentation of all active grants, proposals, MEAL documents ensuring easy “irretrievability when needed;
• Ensure Knowledge Management of project closure is implemented by collecting, reviewing, refining and archiving Past Performance Templates of closing projects,
• Support Business development in taking Departmental Minutes, prove reading concepts, proposals, MOU, Partners teaming agreements, official letters etc.
Key Result #3 Media Relations Risk management and FH wide Communication 15%
• Monitor news media coverage of FH and humanitarian issues regarding the Uganda Crisis.
• Identify and help respond to any reputation risk issues.
• Support translation of key documents including press release and speeches
• Provide information to the local media (if appropriate)
• Provide social media content to the partnership as required.
• Ensure risk is reported as per FH global
protocols and channels.
• Perform other communication duties assigned by the line manager.
• Support in organizing Donor Visits and documentation for marketing and resource mobilization.
• Work in collaboration with the Business Development Manager to prepare VIP visits and editing Content such as the Country Director’s speech, Management letters, reports etc. Communicate internally to FH staff to organize key events, document pitch stories as and when will be required
Key Result #4 Build Capacity of FH Uganda staff on Documentation and Media engagement. 10%
• Conduct orientation to all FH staff on Communication.
• Lead in rolling out of the communication and media engagement guideline and promote compliance.
• Train FH Uganda staff in effective communication, documentation of significant change story, taking quality photos and Video clips.
• Train Management on media risk and presentation.
• University degree in Mass Communications or Journalism, additional qualification in administrative law is an added advantage.
• A minimum of at least three years’ experience in a similar role with an NGO is a Must.
• Experience in graphic design and use of graphic design software a must. You need to know how to use Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe in Design, Adobe Photoshop at an advanced level. Strong writing and communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to work independently Innovativeness and willingness to learn. Experience in and adequate knowledge of photography and videography is a plus Website management knowledge would be an added advantage;
• Committed to FH’s mission and vision and values, and particularly to Gender Equity and Diversity,Excellent interpersonal and public relation skills
Protection and Security Clause
• The incumbent is obliged to create and maintain an environment that prevents sexual exploitation and sexual abuse and promote the implementation of the ideal code of conduct
• Create dialogue and promote awareness about sexual exploitation and sexual abuse issues with beneficiaries and community stakeholders.
How to Apply
FHU is an equal opportunity employer. All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by Clearly stating the position applied for in the Subject line and submitting only electronic copies of not more than 2MB of an application letter, a detailed CV, contact telephone numbers, copies of relevant testimonials/ certificates, names/contact details of three referees, addressed to: The Human Resources Manager, Food for the Hungry Uganda Email: email@example.com not later than Friday 23rd October, 2020 at 4:30pm.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Consider your application unsuccessful in case you do not hear from FH by 9th November, 2020.
FHU has policies including a child protection policy that every staff is required to sign.
Find jobs in Uganda.Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.