Finn Church Aid Education Project Officer – Secondary Jobs in Uganda
Finn Church Aid Education Project Officer – Secondary Jobs in UgandaPosition Summary: The Education Project Officer will be responsible for assisting the management and implementation of all education aspects of the Project.
He/she will plan, implement and carry out field assessments, monitoring the progress of the projects activities and be the key focal point for the teachers/facilitators, learners, parents/caregivers and community groups regarding education issues.
Ensuring full inclusion of the most vulnerable children and families is a key responsibility of this role.
The role will have direct interaction with teachers, school management committees, head teachers of selected schools in the district and community groups, and other stakeholders.
S/he is responsible for capacity building of teaching staffs on curriculum delivery, child protection mainstreaming, and ensuring adherence to the ERP/RRP, INEE and Education SPHERE standards to realize quality learning outcomes.
Key Result Areas
Project Cycle Management
• Lead the detailed planning, proper implementation, coordination and monitoring of education activities of the project.
• Contribute in the development of annual work plans and measurable performance indicators.
• Manage and lead timely implementation of education project activities as per work plan and ensure timely delivery and implementation of project activities.
• Prepare field level documentation, such as teacher verifications, attendance sheets among others.
• Monitor the correct usage of documentation, and support to fill gaps as needed
• Provide regular communication and interaction between the Education Sector Management staff and teachers, School Management Committees and other key education stakeholders.
• Develop reports on areas needing improvement, mobilizes education team to attend to the needs and manage project changes and challenges to achieve project outputs.
• Conducting community mobilization and awareness on promotion of refugee education
Leads implementation of High Quality Education Programme
• Designing and implementing initiatives aimed at increasing enrolment and improving retention and performance of girls in the primary schools.
• Contribute to donor progress reports preparation to ensure they conform to set goals and objectives and share learnings with colleagues within the sector.
• Field monitoring and tracking of project progress as per goals and objectives and in accordance to donor contractual obligations and reviewing and adjusting implementation plans
• Preparing reports, timetables, graphs and charts on the above information for the purpose of better informing FCA and partners on trends, status, needs and opportunities in education on regular basis as may be required.
• In charge of learner achievement assessment; exam registration, exam results analysis and interpretation and working with teachers to develop remedial programs for improved academic performance
• Track project field level implementation and deliverables using appropriate tools & indicators; and report on project progress,challenges and solutions, including learners’ attendance rates;
• Conduct follow up on all project activities to ensure efficiency, timeliness and program quality
• Review existing monitoring and reporting tools for the project outputs, suggest modifications and develop new tools as necessary in conjunction with M&E officers to ensure that they are appropriate and effective.
Supervision, Training and Development
• Participate in FCA and consortium organized trainings and ensure to have knowledge and skills acquired transferred to colleagues and teachers, including strengthening of peer coaching among teachers.
• Identify teacher-training needs; train teachers and supervise their professional development, support continuous performance improvement to teachers in close collaboration with the district education officials;
• Enhance the skills of school management committees to offer full support to the head teachers in the running of the school
• Working with teachers and others to ensure quality teaching is conducted following child-centred methodology, continuous assessments of teachers’ and pupils’ work and meaningful participation of learners in all education activities.
• Assist in conducting performance appraisals for teachers every term, and coordinating the work of head teachers, school management committees.
• Ensure proper maintenance and adherence to all professional records/documents including schemes of work, lesson plans, record of work, and learner progress achievement records by teachers.
Coordination and stakeholder engagement and accountability
• Conduct regular coordination meetings with teachers, SMC & PTA members, caregivers and community representative groups to identify activity progress, successes and areas for improvement
• Work with the district education department and other key partners to plan education activities, such as joint monitoring activities
• Schedule and coordinate meetings, community and school/learners mobilizations;
• Register beneficiary complaints and log into the complaints and response mechanism for FCA
• Carry out education service mapping of both formal and non-formal services for information sharing and referrals with the projects beneficiaries;
• Support the implementation of FCA child safe guarding policy and all other polices relating to teachers and learners.
Any other duty
• Undertaking any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Project Manager and/or his/her designate.
Qualifications and Experience
• Accomplished University degree in Education from a reputable University
• Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in SecondaryEducation, in Administration and/or in class room teaching working
• Ability to work efficiently and calmly under pressure
• Strong empathy skills and genuine care and respect for needs of others especially refugee children.
• Experience in implementing and monitoring formal and non-formal education projects, proven experience in community mobilization and awareness- raising.
• Experience with data collection, and report writing.
• Basic understanding of humanitarian approaches and standards.
• Experience in networking and working with local government, international actors and UN agencies.
• Flexible and capable of working and living in difficult circumstances in a multicultural context
• Willing to reside in Kyaka II settlement and possession of a valid motorcycle license.
• High integrity, self-driven and able to set own work schedule with rigorous deadlines.
• Ability to initiate and complete assignments and to work under demanding circumstances with minimal supervision.
• Strong organization, supervisory, problem-solving, interpersonal, communication as well as team building and negotiation skills
How to Apply
Interested applications should send a cover letter and a CV (not more than 5 pages) with at least three referees and a daytime telephone contact with copies of academic papers addressed to:
The Human Resource and Administration Manager,
Finn Church AID, Uganda Country Office.
P.O. Box 21826 Kampala, Tank Hill Rd, Roche Close, Plot 1495 Muyenga, Uganda.
Email applications should be in one file attachment (Ms Word or PDF) mentioning the position title in the subject to
Deadline for receiving applications is Sunday 2nd August 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Women and PWDS are encouraged to apply.
Host and Refugee communities are encouraged to apply
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.