Finn Church Aid Education Assistants Jobs in Uganda
Finn Church Aid Education Assistants Jobs in UgandaPurpose of the position: The Education Assistant will be responsible to carry out field activities, monitoring the progress of the education project activities.
The role will be based directly in the districts and will have direct interaction with teachers, school management committees, Teachers colleges, head teachers of selected schools, community groups, and other stakeholders.
Key Result Areas
• Assist the Education Project Officer and the Project manager in implementing the FCA’s Education in Emergency and Child Protection project activities as planned in refugee settlement, Uganda.
• Work with the Education Officer and the Project manager to initiate and coordinate the planning of the Education project activities to ensure optimum utilization of project resources.
• Work in cooperation with the relevant local government authorities, community leaders like Refugee welfare council members, School Authorities, teachers, relevant civil society and non-governmental organization (operational & implementing partners) , where appropriate in order facilitate project implementation to achieve the project objectives.
• Directly work with teachers and head teachers in all the schools under project support to identify gaps in the delivery of quality education and provide detailed report and follow-up to ensure immediate possible action is taken
• To collect and tabulate on regular basis field data on project activities carried out and undertake assessment using participatory approaches for all rights holders to determine the relevance and impact of the project activities.
• Regularly visit all project beneficiaries, sites/ schools where project activities are undertaken, check on progress and identify gaps and challenges, offer support as directed by the Project manager in line with the project objectives.
• Together with Education project officer Plan and participate in school inspection and teacher’s support supervision at all times alongside other technical stakeholders who may come in to support
• Promote active participation of the refugees, host community, local leaders, rights holders and intermediaries in the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of all the education project activities as required.
• Assist the Project Education Officer in the preparation of periodical work plans and reports on Project activities and achievements in line with the requirements stipulated in the project documents
• Be flexible to take any other assigned responsibility from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
• A Degree from an accredited University in education, educational administration, Teacher education or a related field and working experience in remote communities
• Over 2 years’ experience supporting professional development of Ugandan teachers; including experience in teacher training programs
• Experience in educational program in both development and humanitarian sector
• Knowledge and experience in the supervision of special education programs, school safety programs.(Experience in continuous professional development)
• Experience in primary education with deep knowledge of Uganda’s Education system and Ugandan curriculum will be an added advantage
• Demonstrated experience in community mobilization, capacity to engage community and all levels of education stakeholders to promote right to and access to quality education
• Experience in implementing and monitoring formal and non-formal education projects, Education in Emergency interventions with linkages to Child Protection and Psychosocial support.
• Experience in implementing Accelerated Education programme and other school systems like double shifting are added advantage.
• Proven experience in effective community mobilization and stakeholders engagement
• Experience in networking and working with local government, international actors and UN agencies.
• Working knowledge of Project Cycle Management is desired
• Strong data collection, analysis and report writing skills
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and report writing skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams.
How to Apply
Interested applications should send a cover letter and a CV (not more than 5 pages) with at least three referees and a daytime telephone contact with copies of academic papers addressed to:
The Human Resource and Administration Manager,
Finn Church AID, Uganda Country Office.
P.O. Box 21826 Kampala, Tank Hill Rd, Roche Close, Plot 1495 Muyenga, Uganda.
Email applications should be in one file attachment (Ms Word or PDF) mentioning the position title in the subject to
Deadline for receiving applications is Sunday 2nd August 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Women and PWDS are encouraged to apply.
Host and Refugee communities are encouraged to apply
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.