FilmAid International Multimedia Producer Jobs in Kenya
FilmAid International Multimedia Producer Jobs in Kenya
Description and Scope of Work FilmAid Kenya is seeking a talented, creative, high-energy multimedia producer, strong in cinematography, editing, and design skills to help our team create unique multimedia content including short films, documentaries, docudramas, drama series, animations, child-friendly productions, print, and promotional materials. The role also includes working directly with refugee students and alumni from the FilmAid training program to ensure a continuation in capacity building and on-job training and ensure context-appropriate multimedia content productions are realized.
Using media for development principles, FilmAid’s approach ensures unique participatory methods that put the community at the center of messaging, planning, and execution of media production projects. FilmAid then uses this media for community-based screenings and workshops to build local communities’ knowledge, self-awareness, and efficacy and use the information to make positive behavior modifications, build community leadership and collective participation & response to social issues that they face.
The staff will be responsible for:
● All phases of the video/film production: scripting, directing, filming, editing, and translating/dubbing into different languages.
● Produce multimedia content on various areas on protection, education, health and nutrition, and child protection, and other areas of need.
● Lead engagement with refugee communities, UNHCR, WFP, UNICEF, NGO staff, and other relevant stakeholders in discussing some of the pertinent issues affecting the communities that FilmAid serves
● This individual will help conceptualize ideas and assemble media assets into high-quality content that supports our various media content production objectives.
● Review baseline information on knowledge, attitudes, and practices (KAP) on various issues affecting the communities that FilmAid serves
● Identify, contract, and act as supervising producer for alumni groups to produce multimedia content
● A good sense of Design composition, type layout, animation, and the pacing is required.
● Candidates should combine documentary and observational filmmaking experience with a strong journalistic sensibility and great skill with editing.
Specific tasks for the Multimedia Producer
Coordinate the process of collecting feedback and adapt information gathered from the desk reviews, inter-agency consultations, feedback from meetings with the messaging committee, focus group discussions, and other review data into a messaging framework (film structure) in consultation with the community and other partners.
Act as a focal point in the development and approval of scripts for film projects.
Work with the Advisory/Messaging committees in message development, script pre-test, and approval of final media content to ensure responsive and context-appropriate content.
Prepare and present for review a mixed thread of multiple storylines. The storylines should respond to the messaging framework and be the basis for subsequent scripting.
Draft film treatment for film projects to be undertaken by FilmAid.
Prepare an accompanying interview raft for identified interviewees
Edit and/or work closely with the editor to ensure the final product is responsive to the messaging framework.
Recruit and supervise a production crew to help manage the production process for various projects
Lead in pre-production all the way to post-production by developing film treatments and scripts prior to film production. Together with relevant project staff, audition, and select actors, interviewees, and locations.
Work with the FilmAid team, Alumni, and consultants to select actors; identify shooting locations and direct music performances for film projects to be undertaken by FAI
Coordinate and guide actors during rehearsals for film projects and assist the production team in the production of the films.
Coordinate the recording of the soundtrack for the films. The music soundtrack will be generated from community groups.
Conduct post-production tasks ranging from logging and transcribing to syncing, converting, and exporting
Work with the communications team and other arms of FilmAid to create promotional materials, conference materials, etc., including photo research and archiving
Edit films, documentaries,
and promos. Edit fast turnaround multimedia clips and social media videos
Help develop new ways to present and distribute videos online and via social media for maximum impact
Film interviews, events, and stories when requested and should be able to conduct interviews with insight and sensitivity and film hand-held observational scenes with confidence and discretion
Create rough and final cuts. Work with and manipulate raw camera footage, insert music, sound effects, dialogues, graphics, special effects, and color grading.
Work with the production team to create an organized archive and backup system following FilmAid’s procedure. Including making sure that data has been downloaded and backed up
Translate the completed and approved English video into local languages through voice over dubbing.
Other duties as assigned
Consult with the Creative Director and the Multi-media Content Coordinator from production to the post-production process.
Work with the Field Manager, Outreach Teams and Program Director to ensure sound messaging that responds to identified informational needs
Assessing production needs and advising on the procurement of equipment.
Work closely with the operations team in ensuring that the logistical needs of production consultants working on special projects are met.
With the guidance of Field Manager and Multimedia coordinator to draft ToR for the Alumni participating in film productions.
Meet regularly with FilmAid staff and clients/partners and keep them involved in all phases of film production.
Prepare simple reports accompanying the messaging and production process.
Qualifications Essential Skills & Experience:
● Extensive and proven professional production experience including shooting/editing credits for an established independent production company or broadcaster, with a clip reel or work samples (with a clear indication of your role)
● Excellent communications (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
● Ability to work in at least one language apart from English
● Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud programs (Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, After Effects, Adobe CC.)
● Experience in producing content in collaboration with children, adolescence, and the youth required
● Experience dealing with sensitive topics and gaining the trust of contributors; understanding of ethics of journalism dealing with the disempowered
● Able to meet deadlines, work under well pressure, and a team player
● Extensive working knowledge of sophisticated editing software and a strong understanding of graphic design, color correction, sound mixing
● Highly collaborative, and creative with experience finding stories and characters
● Script and/or voice-over writing
● Self-starter, able to work individually and in teams with limited supervision
● Highly organized, able to keep track of many projects simultaneously
● Experience working in fields of human rights, development, climate, an advantage
● Experience with social media, to share, disseminate and grow the FAK brand
● Experience in archive and picture research
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons with the required experience are invited to submit their applications with only Cover Letter, CV, and three references to Email address:
email@example.com, and indicate on the subject line as ‘Multimedia Producer, and state the location e.g., Dadaab' and stating your expected remuneration for this role.
The deadline for submission is November 5th, 2020.
Note that applicants who send letters of references, testimonials, or any other documents apart from those requested will be automatically disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
FilmAid Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.