FH Ethiopia Chief of Party for Development Food Security Activity Jobs
FH Ethiopia Chief of Party for Development Food Security Activity JobsJob Id
: Agriculture, Development and Project Management, Management Location
: Addis Ababa Career Level
: Senior Level (5+ years experience) Employment Type
: Full time Salary
: Job DescriptionJob Title
: Chief of Party for Development Food Security Activity (DFSA)Field / Region
: Addis Ababa, EthiopiaExpat Post Status
: AccompaniedValues, Vision, and Purpose
At Food for the Hungry, we operate under a set of guiding principles we call “The Heartbeat.” This includes our Values, Vision, and Purpose, which serve as the explanation of who we are and how we work as an organization. Together we follow God’s call responding to human suffering and graduating communities from extreme poverty.Position Purpose
The core purpose of the Chief of Party (CoP) is to provide leadership in the management and implementation of a USAID Title II Food for Peace funded Development Food Security Activity (DFSA).
This position will be responsible for the management and oversight of the project, to include leading the preparation of sector work plans, monitoring project progress, timely delivery of all reporting and deliverables, ensure performance quality, and compliance with
USAID (donor) and FH internal requirements. Furthermore, this position will lead planning, coordination, and implementation efforts, with representatives from Government of Ethiopia, at federal, regional, zonal, and woreda levels, USAID, NGO sectoral working groups, DFSA implementing partners, and all other relevant stakeholders.
The CoP will supervise all other project staff, such as head-office, field-based program managers, technical sector leads, and all other program-focused staff.Responsibilities
*Please note: this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.Key Result #1 – Program Leadership.
1. Provide vision and direction, strategic planning, staff motivation and overall leadership to the program;
2. Coordinate activities for monitoring, evaluation, and reporting including drafting and reviewing quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports and managing donor- and organization-mandated evaluation processes;
3. Lead development of the program’s annual activity plan and budget and ensure their timely performance (ensure timely and proper achievement of activities and budget, provide monthly variance analysis and initiate corrective action as needed);
4. Ensure regular monitoring of activities and submit timely feedback to FH Country Director, FH headquarters, USAID and other relevant partners;
5. Oversee all communications and reporting to the donor and FH headquarters;
6. Coordinate and guide programmatic, financial and administrative performance of all program sub-grantees and contracting agencies;
7. Ensure that cross-cutting themes such as gender and sustainability
are fully integrated into programming;
8. Inform the development and contribute to the design of proposals that enhance or overlap with the DFSA.Key Result #2 – Management and Administration.
1. Ensure appropriate coordination of all sub-awards or sub-contracts, including supporting management of these partners and ensuring reporting and compliance with USAID and FH policies and requirements;
2. Ensure strong coordination/collaboration among consortium members through regular coordination meetings/program reviews, joint field visits and action planning;
3. Routinely travel to the field programs to provide capacity support for extended periods of times as needed;
4. Monitor and manage all financial and programmatic issues (including commodities) and ensure timely, accountable, and appropriate reporting and transactions to ensure successful performance, taking corrective action as necessary;
5. Coordinate regular programmatic and financial progress reviews and lead budget harmonization processes;
6. Ensure quality donor reporting submissions and donor and sub-grant compliance;
7. Oversee operations and the team managing shipment of food commodities from the US and timely pre-positioning to all destinations as per the approved plan;
8. Ensure proper warehouse management and food commodity handling in all the woredas are done based on USAID commodity management standards.Key Result #3 – Representation and Coordination.
1. Serve as the primary liaison with USAID Mission, program partners, key local stakeholders, INGOs, and FH Country Office and headquarters, and maintain responsibility for appropriate communication and consultation;
2. Actively engage in DFSA coordination working groups and meetings;
3. Facilitate networking, negotiation and other external actions for advancement of the program;
4. Organize learning and sharing opportunities between project and external stakeholders on a regular basis;
5. Promote program results and organizational interests in national program and policy forums.Key Result #4 – Staff management, development, and security.
1. Oversee the hiring, orientation, and training of key staff to build a technically strong, well supported, motivated team;
2. Identify and facilitate opportunities for staff professional development by providing adequate mentoring, clear orientation, feedback and learning opportunities;
3. Prepare employee job descriptions, performance plans and performance appraisals for project staff;
4. Ensure appropriate duty of care provisions are in place for all staff and visitors, with particular attention paid to security concerns;
5. Provide leadership and people management expertise in managing change initiatives within country, bridging different ways of working and diverse working cultures within the teams;
6. Keep abreast of environmental, economic, social, political, and religious conditions in the field, and report on such conditions as needed.Job RequirementsHow to Apply
To see the full job description, and to apply, go to the FH website Careers page: https://www.fh.org/about/careers/ FH Ethiopia Chief of Party for Development Food Security Activity Jobs