FH Ethiopia Business Development Manager Jobs
FH Ethiopia Business Development Manager Jobs
: Business Development, Development and Project Management, Management Location
: Addis Ababa, Addis Ababa Career Level
: Managerial Level (Manager, Supervisor, Director) Employment Type
: Full time Salary
: as per the salary scale of the organizationJob DescriptionJob Title
: Business Development Manager
Field / Region: EthiopiaLocation
: Addis Ababa, EthiopiaExpat Post Status
: AccompaniedValues, Vision, and Purpose
At Food for the Hungry, we operate under a set of guiding principles we call “The Heartbeat.” This includes our Values, Vision, and Purpose, which serve as the explanation of who we are and how we work as an organization. Together we follow God’s call responding to human suffering and graduating communities from extreme poverty.Position Purpose
The Business Development Manager is responsible for overall leadership in developing and executing strategies for grant acquisition goals in line with FHE’s Country Strategy.Responsibilities
*Please note: this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.Key Result #1
– Resource Mobilization Strategy Development.
1. Lead the design and roll out of resource mobilization strategy in collaboration with all other departments;
2. Ensure alignment of resource mobilization strategy with FH’s global corporate strategy and FHE’s Country Strategy;
3. Keep abreast of relevant trends & developments within the development and humanitarian sector and align FHE’s strategies to preposition the organization;
4. Lead processes to identify and regularly review annual Resource Mobilization targets for FHE in line with the corporate and country strategy;
5. Work collaboratively with senior management to integrate business development activities across departments and functions;
6. Set and maintaining quality standards for new business development-related activities.Key Result #2
– External Engagement and Partnerships Management.
1. Lead strategic initiatives to broaden and deepen FHE’s donor base and strategic partnerships in collaboration with country Senior Leadership Team;
2. Build and manage a portfolio of relationships with prospective donors, including bi/multilateral donors, private foundations and other non-traditional donors; undertake field visits with these donors to generate their interests in FHE’s programs;
3. Represent FHE’s business development and promote the organization’s visibility at relevant meetings, events, and within resource mobilization or donor-specific peer networks;
4. In coordination with the FH Global Grant Management Team, manage contact database and information for donors in a holistic manner.Key Result #3
– Proposal Development Leadership.
1. Identify and track relevant upcoming funding opportunities; through advance intelligence gathering, partner relationships, and other available resources;
2. Develop, support and enhance fundraising skills throughout the organization;
3. Develop, maintain and improve business development resources and tools including opportunity tracking, proposal development manual and proposal templates;
4. Responsible for overseeing proposal development and for constructing the proposal teams for critical/strategic proposals and contribute to design, drafting management and other sections of the proposal in advance of the solicitation in partnerships with the grant management
5. Review draft proposal documents to ensure compliance with solicitation instructions and technical approach, verify logical flow and clarity, and recommend revisions and edits;
6. Conduct prospecting visits to identify partners and prepare for upcoming funding opportunities.Key Result #4
- Build FHE’s visibility and strengthen the organization’s brand and culture.
1. Recommend best practices for internal communications and support drafting of internal organizational announcements, articles for company newsletter, social media, and website content;
2. Responsible for producing an attractive and informative annual fund acquisition report capturing the annual achievements across FH Ethiopia program;
3. Oversee and approve content and materials for fundraising, programs and communications, including: campaign messaging; cases for support; fundraising appeals and acknowledgments; press releases; social media, and video content;
4. Support grant-related contracts and reporting in collaboration with program staff; ensure all deadlines are anticipated and met;
5. As appropriate, shall be responsible for creating, promoting and maintaining an environment that prevents sexual exploitation and abuse and take appropriate measures for this purpose.Job RequirementsQualifications
: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty/function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Proven experience and successful track record in resource mobilization (different models and approaches including campaigns, grassroots efforts, etc.), marketing and communications with donors such as USAID, EU/ECHO, UN, CFGB and others;
Excellent English verbal and written skills, good presentation and reading skills with the ability to effectively communicate and positively influence;
Strong attention to detail;
Excellent communication skills, oral, written and presentation;
Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently;
Must work independently under difficult conditions;
Strong negotiation, interpersonal and organizational skills Passionate about fulfilling FH mission of demonstrating the love of Christ to people affected by disaster, conflict and poverty;
Develops and maintains good working relationships with colleagues;
Effectively and efficiently manages all resources entrusted to him/her for work purposes;
Maintains an attitude and behavior in accordance with FH values and principles;
Vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ and Christian commitment to serving the poor and in full agreement with FH’s Christian foundation and beliefs as expressed in The Heartbeat: our Values, Vision, and Purpose;
Medical fitness to live and travel in rural and urban areas with extreme conditions and limited medical support;
Ability to travel up to 5% of time per year in the US and internationally, to insecure countries or locations.
Education and Experience: Master’s degree in business, International Development or similar field; At least five years related experience working with a large and complex International Non-Governmental Organizations; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Supervisor Responsibilities: This position does not have direct supervisory responsibilities at this time.
Language: Proficiency in spoken and written English.
How to Apply
To see the full job description, and to apply, go to the FH website Careers page: FH Ethiopia Business Development Manager Jobs