Faith to Action Network Communications & Movement Building Lead Jobs in Kenya
Faith to Action Network Communications & Movement Building Lead Jobs in Kenya
Purpose of the RoleFaith to Action Network seeks to recruit a Communications & Movement Building Lead to manage and provide technical oversight in the implementation and delivery of all communication strategies and movement building work.
The Communications & Movement Building Lead will develop, implement and monitor a communications strategy to increase Faith to Action Network’s global visibility.
This entails coordinating the production of all written materials, managing network convening’s and public events and coordinating all media work.
The person will also develop, implement and monitor a movement building strategy, which aims at building a vibrant relevant movement through Faith to Action Network members.
This position expands the depths and breadth of our network, engaging current and new network members, coordinating the network’s member hub system & focal points and coordinating activities for the benefit of our members.
The Communications & Movement Building will be expected to serve in both technical and operational roles, which includes traveling to the field to meet with members to provide technical assistance to implementing partners and ensure smooth continuity of communication activities.
S/he will also be expected to initiate collaboration between key stakeholders, represent Faith to Action Network at external meetings, and work directly with donors and partners to support communication activities.
This is a full-time position based in Nairobi and the salary is competitive and commensurate with the seniority of the appointment.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
Strategy and planning
Develop, implement and monitor Faith to Action Network’s communications strategy movement building strategy and capacity building strategy for Network members Faith to action Network | Terms of Reference | Communications Lead page 2 Publications, events and communications products
Provide technical leadership on development of publications; manage public events and communications products as needed.
Oversee production of all Faith to Action Network authored reports/articles, working as focal point for external vendors such as proofers, translators, graphic designers, and managing internal deadlines within team
Write, edit and commission compelling publications, blog posts, press releases and newsletter content, tailored for specific audiences
Ensure that all materials adhere to the Faith to Action Network branding and marking requirements.
Project manage and help produce convenings with a substantial communications aspect
Assist Senior Staff at public events to represent our core messages and communications, including at international convenings and webinars Media
Identify, research and develop media relationships with international based journalists
Maintain a database of international media contacts for Faith to Action Network engagements.
Develop press releases, organise press conferences, respond to information requests from news media agencies; arrange interviews; assist journalists and photographers in coordinating coverage of Faith to Action Network’s work.
Act as a spokesperson for media engagement as needed
Develop, implement and monitor Faith to Action Network’s social media plan with news copy and digital content, delivered in the right tone and in tune with the international news cycle or announcements and events
Maintain the Faith to Action Network’s website, and act as the in-house authority on site content.
Establish and coordinate Faith to Action Network’s member hub system on regional and international scale.
Ensure a constant flow of communication between Faith to Action Network secretariat and member organisations,
Produce and source information for Faith to Action Network newsletter,
Coordinate Faith to Action Network activities for the benefit of its member organisations:
networking events, exchanges, capacity development),
Represent Faith to Action Network during member organisations’ activities,
Monitor and document member organisations’ outcomes and achievements,
Coordinate Faith to Action Network’s activities to recruit new member organisations.
Partnership Building & Resource Mobilisation:
Develop donor-facing communication materials,
Liaise with various potential donors and other stakeholders to inform them on Faith to Action Network interventions, establish visibility and identify funding and partnership opportunities,
Identify and propose
potential partners, monitor, analyse and report on donor policies and potential areas of funding.
Contribute to strategic review, planning, and development of the organisation as a whole; Faith to action Network
Terms of Reference
Build and maintain positive relationships with all staff members, project partners, Faith to Action network members and contacts outside the network;
At different times, support senior management with any other tasks assigned. Person Specification
Essential Desirable Education & qualification
• Master's degree in a relevant subject area (eg public policy, communications, journalism, or international affairs or a related field) Professional experience
• At least 6 years of experience working with advocacy and communication programmes related to sexual and reproductive health, women’s rights and gender equality, pluralism/peaceful coexistence, freedom of religion and belief,
• or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Experience in working in multiple countries across the world is required
• Understanding of and experience with faith organizations
• International Experience or experience of working for international institutions Skills
• Fluency in English
• Fluency in Arabic is an asset
• Fluency in French is an asset
• Sound knowledge and exposure to a wide range of sexual and reproductive health, women’s rights and gender equality, as well as peaceful coexistence / pluralism, freedom of religion and belief issues
• Experience with communicating policy-based information to media outlets, plus a confident approach to pitching news stories to journalists, producers and bloggers
• Experience in implementing social media strategies
• Excellent writing, editing and communications skills, with a strong interest in visual design and what makes a good website for experts and the general public
• Content production skills including videography and photography with simple edits, ability to make small edits in designed products
• Evidence of published writing and knowledge of journalism protocols and style.
• Good photography skills is a plus.
• Maturity and resilience in managing tight deadlines for external communications and policy products with internal project management capabilities
• Experience in managing and growing networks
• Experience in organising conferences, workshops and exchange visits Faith to action Network
• Extremely persuasive oral and written communication skills;
• Effective report writing and presentation skills for a variety of audiences;
• Tactful and diplomatic with strong influencing and negotiating skills;
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office including word-processing, spreadsheet, database, and email software skills.
• Attention to detail and adherence to deadlines
• Ability to function with strategic rather than day-to-day supervision
• Ability to take initiative and responsibility for your work;
• An openness to new experiences, an enquiring approach to what you know already and an eagerness to learn more;
Organisational skills of yourself and of others
• Flexibility to work both in a team and independently;
• Excellent interpersonal skills to maintain and develop positive relationships;
• Cultural sensitivity, patience and flexibility;
• Capacity for honest reflective self-appraisal;
• Optimism, cheerfulness and an interest in other people.
• Candidates must have the right to work in Kenya
• Readiness to work irregular hours on occasions, without a permanent office
• Ability and willingness to travel nationally and internationally as required, up to 50%.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Faith to Action Network Communications & Movement Building Lead Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.