Faith to Action Network Advocacy Lead Jobs in Kenya
Faith to Action Network Advocacy Lead Jobs in Kenya
Purpose of the RoleFaith to Action Network seeks an Advocacy Lead to manage and provide technical oversight in the implementation and delivery of Faith to Action Network’s advocacy work.
The post holder will be responsible for Faith to Action Network’s advocacy work, including developing, implementing, monitoring and reporting on its advocacy strategy.
This is a full-time position based in Nairobi and the salary is competitive and commensurate with the seniority of the appointment.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
Develop, implement and monitor the Faith to Action Network global advocacy strategy;
Conduct political analyses and monitor policy developments to inform the advocacy strategy;
Develop regular briefs for Faith to Action Network’s senior management, steering council and membership on emerging issues, trends and developments internationally in Faith to Action Network’s focus area;
Develop a robust advocacy capacity building strategy for Network members.
Develop and update policy calendars of national and regional processes in Africa, Europe, Asia and Americas that help promote Faith to Action Network’s focus areas;
Initiate and strengthen dialogue with faith organizations to increase their interest for and engagement in Faith to Action Network’s focus areas;
Initiate and strengthen dialogue with the African Union, European Union, regional economic communities, national governments and policy makers in order to increase their interest for and engagement in Faith to Action Network’s focus areas;
Faith to action Network Spearhead Faith to Action Network’s active participation at relevant meetings and processes; and represent Faith to Action Network during internal and external events, liaise with network members, partners and other stakeholders;
Develop advocacy and communication materials and tools;
Build capacity of staff, Network members and partners in advocacy.
Strengthen faith organizations’ capacity in advocating in support of sexual and reproductive health and rights, pluralism, women and girls’ rights through regular coaching, coordination of advocacy actions and workshops.
Partnership Building & Resource Mobilisation
Liaise with various potential donors and other stakeholders to inform them on Faith to Action Network interventions, establish visibility and identify funding and partnership opportunities,
Identify and propose potential partners, monitor, analyse and report on donor policies and potential areas of funding.
Contribute to strategic review, planning, and development of the organisation as a whole;
Build and maintain positive relationships with all staff members, project partners, Faith to Action network members and contacts outside the network;
At different times, support senior management with any other tasks assigned.
Essential Desirable Education & Qualification
• Master’s level degree in a relevant subject area (e.g. politics, theology, social sciences, law, business management or a related field) Professional experience
• At least five years of technical experience working with advocacy programmes related to sexual and reproductive health, women’s rights and gender equality, pluralism and understanding, freedom of religion and
• Experience in working in multiple countries across the world is required
• Understanding of and experience with faith organizations, accompanying them and building their advocacy capacity Skills
• Fluency in English
• Fluency in Arabic and French is an asset
• Very good experience in monitoring and evaluating advocacy outcomes;
• Analytical with strong experience in policy analysis;
• Expertise in evidence-based advocacy, deriving advocacy asks from research insights and knowledge;
• Sound knowledge and exposure to a wide range of sexual and reproductive health, women’s rights and gender equality issues as well as peaceful coexistence, pluralism and peace work, freedom of religion and belief;
• Experience in advocating for sexual and reproductive health and rights, women’s rights and gender equality, and/or peaceful coexistence, pluralism and peace, freedom of religion and belief work from an inter-faith perspective.
• Expertise in developing theological briefs in support of sexual and reproductive health and rights, women’s rights and gender equality, and/or peaceful coexistence, pluralism and peace issues.
• Working knowledge of national, regional and continental government structures and multi-lateral institutions in Africa, Europe, Asia and the Americas.
• Experience in developing political briefs and advocacy tools
• Experience in developing the advocacy capacity of local organizations.
Extremely persuasive oral and written communication skills;
• Effective report writing and presentation skills for a variety of audiences;
• Tactful and diplomatic with strong influencing and negotiating skills;
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office including word-processing, spreadsheet, database, and email software skills.
• Ability to function with strategic rather than day-to-day supervision
• Ability to take initiative and responsibility for your work;
• An openness to new experiences, an enquiring approach to what you know already and an eagerness to learn more;
Organisational skills – of yourself and of others
• Flexibility to work both in a team and independently;
• Excellent interpersonal skills to maintain and develop positive relationships;
• Cultural sensitivity, patience and flexibility;
• Capacity for honest reflective self-appraisal;
• Optimism, cheerfulness and an interest in other people.
• Candidates must have the right to work in Kenya
• Readiness to work irregular hours on occasions, without a permanent office
• Ability and willingness to travel nationally and internationally as required, up to 50%.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Faith to Action Network Advocacy Lead Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.