Evidence Action Country Director Jobs in Nigeria
Evidence Action Country Director Jobs in Nigeria
About Evidence Action Our organization was founded in 2013 to address a big gap in the fight against global poverty–many of the most promising interventions are either implemented at a very small scale, or not at all. We set out to address this gap by building programs that would scale evidence-based and cost-effective interventions, leading to significant improvements in quality of life for hundreds of millions of people.
Our model worked. In less than a decade, our two flagship programs, the Deworm the World Initiative and Dispensers for Safe Water, have grown to measurably impact over 280 million people each year. This success is achieved through the dedication and talent of our staff, the hard work of our partners, and the commitment of our supporters.
The Country Director - Nigeria (CD) will be inspired by the mission of measurably improving the lifelong prospects of hundreds of millions of people through proven and scaled interventions. S/he will lead Evidence Action’s operations and programs in Nigeria
The CD will be a dynamic and energetic leader. S/he will be an exceptional people leader, setting a team culture characterized by high levels of empowerment, achievement, and accountability. The CD will bring strong strategic and analytical capabilities, including comfort using data to continuously measure and improve highly successful and large-scale programming.
In collaboration with global and regional technical leaders, s/he will oversee program implementation in Nigeria, including strategic planning, operations, capacity building, monitoring and evaluation, and policy advocacy. The CD will facilitate transparent communication about progress and results to the regional and global leadership team, donors, and other stakeholders. The CD will also play a leading role in expanding Evidence Action’s portfolio in Nigeria by identifying new program opportunities and engaging with prospective donors.
The Country Director will be based in Abuja and will report to the Director, West and Central Africa. S/he will also be a member of the Africa regional leadership.
Duties and responsibilities
Strategy and Vision
● Country Director will lead and/or contribute to the development of the Nigeria program strategy and vision, collaborating with strategic partners within the organization. S/he will also contribute to key regional global strategy development.
● Draft annual country goals, including team priorities.
● Identify and address short-term and long-term risks and remove roadblocks to success.
● Ensure decision-making is aligned with global organizational priorities, program data, and local stakeholder data
● Maintain all relevant country registrations and statutory requirements, report to- and facilitate effective in-country board leadership, and ensure compliance with all in-country laws and regulations, as well organizational policies.
● In consultation with global and regional leadership teams, manage Evidence Action programs in Nigeria
● Lead program activities including field operations, research/evaluation, information systems, and support functions in Nigeria
● Create and strengthen program delivery systems to ensure high-quality implementation and service delivery
● Coordinate with the MLE team to ensure that program monitoring results and insights are used to improve or sustain program performance
● Coordinate closely with National, sub-National and community government stakeholders to identify and troubleshoot challenges that might affect the quality of the program
● Country Director will work with the in-country leadership team, People Lead and all in-country department heads for the following:
● Inspire all levels of staff through the celebration of team wins.
● Ensure Evidence Action values are known and lived.
● Conduct frequent field visits per month to spot-check program execution and to connect with clients.
● Monitor team sustainability and make adjustments to workload where needed.
● Oversee annual roll-out of staff satisfaction survey, among other feedback channels, and the resulting initiatives.
Country Director will work with in-country People Lead and all in-country and global department heads for the following:
● Recruit and retain the best talent from both international and national talent pools (closely involved in hiring and promotions).
● Provide big-picture feedback and guidance to direct reports through weekly 1-on-1 check-ins.
● Ensure key linkages and communication
between in-country department heads and as well as global and regional support.
● In collaboration with global and regional leadership, build and maintain a country team organizational chart.
The Country Director will work with the Finance team and department heads for the following:
● Help lead the annual country budgeting process in line with global and country strategic objectives and performance targets.
● Conduct quarterly budget review and updates
Monitor program financial performance through monthly Budget-vs-Actual analyses and gross margin decisions.
● Ensure appropriate levels of business controls are in place
● Promote a culture and ethos of cost-effectiveness within the country teams
Government and Partnership Engagement.
● In collaboration with program and external relations team, identify, articulate and execute key government and policy goals and objectives in-country
● In collaboration with various organizational and program leaders, take the lead on or actively contribute to the development of in-country Evidence Action partnership strategy.
● In consultation with program leadership, identify and assess strategic partners with capacity to implement/scale some of our key interventions and/or partners willing to share information and best practices of strategic relevance in general. Take the lead in cultivating relationships with the partners in the region.
● Identify and participate in relevant in-country stakeholder forums.
New Program Development Support
● In collaboration with global program leadership, support in the testing, piloting and/or scaling of new program initiatives in the region.
● Undertake other duties as necessary and assigned.
People management, Stakeholder Management, Project Performance, Capacity Building, Program Management, Policy Advocacy, Strategic Planning, Donor Management, Government Relations.
The Country Director - Nigeria will have at least 7 years of experience leading and managing program-related activities and an interest in expanding their horizons within a mission-driven organization committed to impact at scale.
S/he must be excited about leading a cross-cutting team within an organization that sees learning and the use of rigorous evidence as central to its mission and is motivated to actively ensure that this approach is deeply embedded into all programs. The ideal candidate has experience working in developing countries.
The Country Director will have the following experience and attributes:
Advanced degree in health-related, business, social sciences, public health, health management or related disciplines;
Self-directed and self-motivating personality, with proven ability to manage demands from multiple clients while adhering to deadlines and priorities;
Strong technical skills and capacity, with at least 2 years of practical experience managing and working directly with data;
Naturally inquisitive, skeptical, intellectually curious, detail-oriented, and organized;
Proven leadership experience in Nigeria and/or in any other Sub-Saharan Africa Countries and experience managing a cross-cultural team;
A critical, analytical, and process-oriented thinker with a willingness to form and adjust opinions based on evidence;
A good understanding of and experience in consulting or other client-based and service-oriented roles;
In-country board accountability and management
An ability to operate effectively within ambiguous environments, and to thrive as a part of a dynamic and evolving leadership team.
International Development experience (Experience working for a non-profit).
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Evidence Action Country Director Jobs in Nigeria
Find Latest Jobs in Nigeria Today - Recruitment in Nigeria Job - Nigerian Jobs - in Nigeria - Job Vacancies in Nigeria
Search our career portal & find the latest Nigerian job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Nigeria.
Jobs in Nigeria - banking jobs in Nigeria, IT jobs in Nigeria, accounting jobs in Nigeria, NGO jobs in Nigeria, business administration in Nigeria, ICT jobs in Nigeria, UN jobs in Nigeria, procurement jobs in Nigeria, education jobs in Nigeria, hospital jobs in Nigeria, human resources jobs in Nigeria, engineering jobs in Nigeria, teaching jobs in Nigeria, and other careers in Nigeria.
Oil and Gas job vacancies in Nigeria, MTN jobs in Nigeria, job vacancies in Nigeria for fresh graduates.
Federal government jobs in Nigeria, job vacancies in Nigeria Federal Civil Service.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Nigeria posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Best Africa Jobs.