Ethiopian Green Innovation Youth Challenge
Ethiopian Green Innovation Youth Challenge
The Ethiopian Green Innovation Youth Challenge is a competition organized by European Union Delegation’s (EUD) Youth Sounding Board (YSB Ethiopia). The challenge aims to encourage young innovators in Ethiopia to come up with sustainable solutions to climate and environmental challenges.Applicant Criteria
Applicants must be Ethiopian citizens between the ages of 19 and 35. Individuals with innovative ideas addressing environmental challenges are encouraged to apply. Ideas must be original and not plagiarized.Bonus Points
Bonus points will be awarded for Promotion of democratic values, Youth participation in society, Fostering of human rights and gender equality, Affordability with local resources, Smart design, Sustainability.What?
The Ethiopian Green Innovation Youth Challenge is a competition organized by European Union Delegation’s (EUD) Youth Sounding Board (YSB Ethiopia). The challenge aims to encourage young innovators in Ethiopia to come up with sustainable solutions to climate and environmental challenges.
Green Innovation Challenge targets a wide range of applicants, including students, graduates, and climate-smart business owners between the ages of 19 and 35. Participants are required to submit their proposals through a dedicated webpage, showcasing their innovative ideas and how they contribute to solving climate and environmental issues.
A jury composed of representatives from various organizations and projects will review the submissions and select the winners. First and second place winners will get a cashprice of €1,000 and €500 respectively! Why?
The competition aims to motivate and support young Ethiopian innovators in developing creative, environment-friendly solutions that can be implemented not only in Ethiopia but also elsewhere.Eligibility and requirement
The competition is open to all young innovator applicants, including students, graduates, and climate-smart business owners between the ages of 19 and 35. Note:
• Both existing projects and new concepts are eligible.
• Ideas must be original and not plagiarized.
• Green/environmentally friendly effect/purpose.Bonus Points
• Promotion of democratic values: The proposal should explain how the innovation will promote democratic values, such for example participation, transparency or accountability.
• Youth participation in society: The proposal
should explain how the innovation will engage young people and promote their participation in society.
• Fostering of human rights and gender equality: The proposal should explain how the innovation will respect and promote human rights and gender equality.
• Affordability with local resources: The proposed innovation should be affordable to implement and maintain using local resources.
• Smart design: The proposed innovation should be well-designed, showcasing innovative aspects and able to address practical and local issues.
• Sustainability: The proposal highlight how the innovation contributes to sustainability.
• Creativity: Originality of the idea will give bonus points.
• Accessibility: The proposal promotes and/or provides accessibility.Submissions requirements
Concept note must be submitted following the template created for this purpose. We expect to be able to read the following from the concept note:
• A description of the problem or challenge that the innovation addresses.
• A description of the innovation itself, including how it works and how it is different from existing solutions.
• A description of the resources required.
• A description of the potential impact of the innovation on the environment and on society.
Concept note could be accompanied by pictures giving a visual overview of the proposed innovation.Example of Innovations
• Developing and implementing new technologies and practices to reduce pollution and conserve natural resources.
• Promoting sustainable agriculture and land management practices.
• Developing and commercializing renewable energy sources.
• Creating green jobs and businesses.
• Solution to a problem in everyday life.How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Ethiopian Green Innovation Youth Challenge List of All Current Scholarships for International Students - Updated Daily - Apply Today! Click Here!
Funding Agencies for Grants - Search Funding Agencies for Grants? - NGO Funding Agencies - Fill Out a Simple Grant Form? - NGO Grant Funding Agencies
Scholarships for Study in Africa » Scholarships for African Students » Undergraduate Scholarships » African Women Scholarships & Grants » Developing Countries Scholarships » Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for Developing Countries