Ethiopian Center for Disability and Development Program Coordinator Jobs
Ethiopian Center for Disability and Development Program Coordinator JobsJob Id
: 199604 Category
: Development and Project Management Location
: Tigray Career Level
: Senior Level (5+ years experience) Employment Type
: Full time Salary
: Job Description
Ethiopian Center for Disability and Development (ECDD)
Internal/External Vacancy AnnouncementProgram Coordinator
“Tigray Regional Disability Mainstreaming (RDM) Partnership Program”
The Ethiopian Center for Disability and Development (ECDD) was established in December 2005, registered by the Charities and Societies Agency on 3 November 2009 and re-registered on 16 February 2016 as an Ethiopian Residents Charity.
ECDD has 60 Association members, a 7-member Board of Directors, and 35 staff members, the majority being persons with disabilities and women.
ECDD works collaboratively with other organizations to promote, facilitate, and build organizational capacity for “disability-inclusive development” in Ethiopia-the inclusion of disability issues and persons with disabilities in mainstream government service delivery and non-government service and non-governmental development programs.RDM Program Coordinator
ECDD would like to recruit program coordinator for RDM program in Tigray region based in Mekelle. The ECDD RDM Program Coordinator is required to coordinate RDM Program activities in Tigray Region and works under the overall supervision of the ECDD Executive Director, reports directly to the ECDD Program Director, and works in close collaboration with the Head of the Tigray Regional Bureau of Labour and Social Affairs and the ECDD senior Advisor.
The Program Coordinator is responsible for planning, coordinating, implementing, supervising, monitoring and reporting on all activities on the ECDD RDM Program.Specifically, the Program Coordinator will
1. Establish Program Implementation Teams (PITs) at Regional, Municipal, Zonal and Woreda levels, chaired by the Head of the Bureau/Office of Labour and Social Affairs, and composed of representatives of health, education and women and children’s affairs bureaus/offices, and partner CSOs, FBOs and DPOs involved in Program activities.
2. Prepare and implement annual Work Plans, in consultation with Government and NGO partners and with the ECDD Program Director and Project Coordinators, for the activities of the Tigray RDM Program.
3. Prepare MOUs, and plan and coordinate RDM Program activities with collaborating CSO,FBO and DPO Partners according to the Work Plan.
4. Support and supervise the
activities of RDM Program Team members, including inclusive Health, Education and Livelihoods Officers, M&E Officer, and Training Officer.
5. Coordinate the design and implementation of a Program Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) system to record progress and results of Program activities, and to document and disseminate examples of good practice and lessons learned.
6. Coordinate RDM Program activities with the activities of other ECDD Projects being implemented in Tigray.
7. Monitor all Program activities and prepare periodic reports on the progress of Program implementation.
8. Coordinate the implementation of Disability inclusion Awareness Training (DIAT) for partners, and community-level field workers.
9. Coordinate the preparation of a data-collection methodology, and monitor data collection as well as indicators of project achievement.
10. Undertake such other tasks as may be assigned by the ECDD Program Director and/or the ECDD Executive Director.Job Requirements
1. Education – Masters Degree in Sociology, Social Works or related field of studies
2. Professional experience – minimum of 5 years of responsibility for the implementation of the donor-funded project(s)
3. Previous professional experience working on Program Coordination roles required
4. Previous professional experience working with persons with disabilities desirable
5. Excellent interpersonal relationships and teamwork
6. Excellent communication skills
7. Able and willing to travel frequently to the target areas/cities
8. Competence in the use of computer applications
9. Fluency in English and Amharic and knowledge of Tigrigna is also required
Qualified individuals with disabilities, especially women, are encouraged to apply. ECDD gives priority to qualified individuals with disabilities. ECDD will meet any and all required disability adjustment costs to enable individuals with disabilities to meet job requirements.How to Apply
An application letter, together with CV, should be submitted via www.ethiojobs.net or by e-mail to HRecdd@ecdd-ethiopia.org
Also through p. o. box 1530 code 1250 Addis Ababa or in person to ECDD Mekele Branch Office, Tele +251-344-406581 or ECDD AA HO Behind Dreamliner Hotel, Meskel Flower Road, Tele +251-114-165859.
Deadline: Ten (10) days following the posting of this announcement.Note
: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Written exam and interview will be required in Mekele. Ethiopian Center for Disability and Development Program Coordinator Jobs