Economic Commission for Africa Staff Assistant Jobs in Rwanda
Economic Commission for Africa Staff Assistant Jobs in Rwanda
Org. Setting and Reporting
ECA's mission is to deliver ideas and actions for an empowered and transformed Africa; informed by the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals and Agenda 2063.
The mission is guided by ECA's five new strategic directions which are: Advancing ECA's position as a premier knowledge institution that builds on its unique position and privilege to bring global solutions to the continent's problems and take local solution to the continent; developing macroeconomic and structural policy options to accelerate economic diversification and job creation; designing and implementing innovative financing models for infrastructure, and for human, physical and social assets for a transforming Africa; contributing solutions to regional and transboundary challenges, with a focus on peace security and social inclusion as an important development nexus; advocating Africa's position at the global level and developing regional responses as a contribution to global governance issues.
This position is located in the Office of the Director, United Nations Economic Commission for Africa Sub regional office for Eastern Africa (UNECA) (SROEA), in Kigali Rwanda. The Staff Assistant works under the direct supervision of the Director.Responsibilities
Within limits of delegated authority, Staff Assistant will be responsible for:
• Assisting in administration of the front office;
• Assists with visualizations and updating information material such as web pages or brochures.
• Assists with the collection and analysis of data as well as preparation of data presentations and reports for information sharing, responding to queries, knowledge management, planning and decision making.
• Undertakes research on a range of HR related issues and assists in the preparation of notes/reports.
• Managing and maintaining the Director's calendar and schedule, including: Arranging appointments; receiving and directing visitors; placing and screening calls and answering queries; ensuring meeting and review documents are available and printed for review; contacting embassies, UN agencies, international institutions, government offices, other ECA Sub Regional Offices (SROs), ECA Head Quarter Divisions, ODES and OES etc.; and ensuring efficient coordination of the Director's calendar, with appropriate consultation to prioritize and resolve conflicts and competing demands;
• Conveying directives, reports, status updates and other relevant information to necessary parties, brings sensitive and urgent matters to the Director's attention;
• Screening and prioritizing all incoming emails and correspondence;
• Compiling relevant background documents;
• Identifying issues requiring the Director's attention and refers others to relevant officers for appropriate action and follows up on actions to be taken;
• Handling a wide range of complex and confidential information in terms of incoming emails and responses, research, and other communications;
• Compiling and analyzing data. Producing summaries and conclusions for review by the Administrative Assistant and Administrative Officer;
• Implementing and supporting improvements to administrative procedures and systems to ensure smooth functioning of the Division, including filing paper and electronic records;
• Preparing, processing and
classifying confidential information;
• Handles a wide range of administrative duties/processes (e.g. leave and attendance, timesheets, travel arrangements, visa applications, expense statements, charges, equipment purchase, service and supply requisitions, conference room bookings, etc.);
• For outgoing documents, proofreads and edits text for adherence to format, grammar, punctuation and style;
• Assists in producing variety of large, complex documents and reports;
• Supports the planning and coordination of major meeting and events;
• Maintains tracking on work assignments;
• Performs other duties as assigned.CompetenciesProfessionalism: Skill and background knowledge to operate sensitive security equipment such as computers, cameras, and held metal detectors, etc. The ability to perform analysis, modeling and interpretation of data in support of decision-making. Shows pride in work and in achievements. Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter. Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively. Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately. Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication. Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience. Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
Client orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view. Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect. Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions. Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems.
High school diploma or equivalent. Must have passed the United Nations Global General Service Test (GGST) administered by the UN Headquarters.
A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience in office support or related area is required. The minimum years of relevant experience is reduced to five year for candidates who possess a first-level university degree or higher.
Experience with administrative procedures and in the context of an international NGO or a United Nations System Entity is desirable.
Experience working in an executive office or with senior managers is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of French is desirable.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Economic Commission for Africa Staff Assistant Jobs in Rwanda
Find jobs in Rwanda. Jobs - Rwanda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Rwandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Rwanda.
Jobs in Rwanda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Rwanda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Rwanda posted and updated daily - click here!