DRC Roving HR Coordinator Jobs in Ethiopia
DRC Roving HR Coordinator Jobs in Ethiopia
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. Using a human rights framework, the DRC East Africa and Great Lakes (EAGL) operation focuses on people who are affected by displacement, including refugees, internally displaced, migrants, and host communities in Burundi, Ethiopia, Djibouti, Democratic Republic of Congo, Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda.Overall Purpose of the Role
This role has a regional focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the whole regional area. The role contributes to the development of regional strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to country operations while overseeing activities with regional scope.
Overall purpose of the role is to provide overall advice, coordination, and technical support to the Human Resources team, and to ensure efficient support to the program in accordance with existing DRC policies and procedures.ResponsibilitiesHuman Resources Support
• Provide technical support and advice to the Human Resources team in both RO and CO
• Assist in advising managers in RO and Senior Managers in country offices in Human Resources related issues and concerns
Recruitment, development and people planning
• Support recruitment and selection activities ensuring compliance with recruitment process
• Maintain updated the staff recruitment tracker and circulate it every week;Performance, Well-being and Compensations & Benefits
• Proactively respond to and manage performance counselling, employee grievances and disciplinary issues as required, with a focus on building manager competency and ensuring that documentation is kept
• Support the performance management process
• Support RHRM in ensuring that CO HR administer disciplinary procedures in an equitable and fair manner and meeting all legal and labor regulations and requirements
• Support people well-being initiatives
Human Resources Policies and Support
• Maintain and update Staff Human Resources Handbooks as necessary
• Proactively pursue continuous process improvement in Human Resources related practices in order to enhance the quality and efficiency of output/delivery.
Work closely with RHRM and HQ to share information and provide support as required
In this Position, You are Expected to Demonstrate DRC’s Five Core Competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Qualifications and Experience
Master's degree in human resource management, Business, or Social Science Degree specializing in Human Resources
Minimum 3-5 years' working experience in Human Resources within an NGO
Demonstrated understanding and working knowledge/experience of Human Resources Management principles, concepts & processes.
Extensive knowledge on local labor law
Excellent skills in handling and advising on complex people management issues.
Experience in developing Human Resources strategies and policies and driving implementation.
Experience using an online system for recruitments as well as other HRIMS (eg DRC Dynamics)
Flexibility and adaptability for working under the pressure of multiple deadlines and competing priorities. Key to this characteristic is the ability to prioritize tasks.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills for engaging regularly with both national and expat staff. Cultural sensitivity is essential.
Experience working effectively in teams and under minimal supervision.
Previous experience working for DRC, an INGO or a similar context is preferred.
Proficiency in English is a strong preference, while other regional languages (Swahili and Amharic) are beneficial.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; DRC Roving HR Coordinator Jobs in Ethiopia
Find daily jobs in Ethiopia. Jobs - Ethiopia jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ethiopian job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Ethiopia.
Jobs in Ethiopia - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Ethiopia.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Ethiopia posted and updated daily - click here!