DRC NGO Finance Assistant Jobs in Tanzania
DRC NGO Finance Assistant Jobs in TanzaniaAbout the job
Overall purpose of the role: Under the supervision of the Finance Manger, the Finance Assistant provides financial and administrative support to DRC and partners as per DRC and donor regulations and procedures within the Country operations in Tanzania and Burundi.
The Finance Assistant contributes to the development of country strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks.
The Finance Assistant provides support and/or technical guidance to country operations while overseeing country activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
Finance and accounting
• Daily accounting (bookkeeping) according to DRC operations handbook
• Manage petty cash and clear cash advances upon request
• Prepare weekly cash counts
• Maintain proper filing of all financial documentation (vouchers, contracts, tender documents, etc.)
• Cash Box counting and reconciliation according to the operations handbook
• Track and prepare monthly reconciliations for bank statements
• Process invoices and follow up with clients, suppliers and partners as needed
• Process Payment to vendors through both bank cheques and Internet banking
• Process tax payments
• Process payment of incentive workers
• Record accounts payable and accounts receivable
• Routine record keeping and archiving
• Correctly use DRC Dynamics functionalities in area of concern
• Monitor and reconcile balance accounts
• Provide administrative support during budget preparation
• Participate in donor verifications and annual audits
• Assist with collecting, reviewing, correcting and filing all financial progress reports from the partners
• Support financial report preparations
• Submit progress and status reports
Experience and Technical Competencies:
• Minimum 1 year of relevant work experience
• Experience with carrying out admin tasks
• Good communication skills
• Advanced proficiency in Excel
• Basic proficiency in PowerPoint and Word
• Well-developed organizational and planning skills in order to meet deadlines
• NGO experience
• Advanced English proficiency
• Fluency in Swahili
All DRC roles are required to master DRC’s core competencies:
• Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
• Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
• Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
• Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
• Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
• Diploma or equivalent professional qualification
• English (Fluent, written and spoken)
• Swahili (Fluent, written and spoken)
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; DRC NGO Finance Assistant Jobs in Tanzania
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.